Accessing External Storage for media files.

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic
What's the best way to configure an external drive housing media files to an avr? To the router or nividea pro shield? Is synology nas drives great and how do you connect them to view files on your TV, thru the avr?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What's the best way to configure an external drive housing media files to an avr? To the router or nividea pro shield? Is synology nas drives great and how do you connect them to view files on your TV, thru the avr?
I'd use the the Nvidia and media server software of your choosing, ie Plex, Serviio, or more expensive but with great features Roon.

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic
I'd use the the Nvidia and media server software of your choosing, ie Plex, Serviio, or more expensive but with great features Roon.
I've tried that but cannot locate the file folder for the external drive.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I've been using a synology nas for years, no issues

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Using a Seagate drive and plugging into nividea shield pro in my home theatre. I have plex server app but cannot locate file folder.
BSA linked the options and connecting a NAS directly to the shield could be problematic due to formatting.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
BSA linked the options and connecting a NAS directly to the shield could be problematic due to formatting.
USB storage is DAS, not NAS (Direct vs. Network). Supported formats are listed in the article.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis