About to sell my Dynaudio X44 towers question

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
So I haven’t had the best of luck selling gear here lately. What’s the best alternative to sell higher end speakers? Or gear for that matter. eBay is no longer a option for me. I hate their fees etc. the Dynaudio just never worked for me in my room. It seems this room only likes front ported speakers. Oh well. Thanks

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
So I haven’t had the best of luck selling gear here lately. What’s the best alternative to sell higher end speakers? Or gear for that matter. eBay is no longer a option for me. I hate their fees etc. the Dynaudio just never worked for me in my room. It seems this room only likes front ported speakers. Oh well. Thanks
You could try US Audio Mart.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I've watched you go through alot of gear and ALOT of different speakers. I remember way back when, you had the Ascend Acoustic towers. I'm just curious, if I may ask, what made you move on from them and what is making you want to move on from the Dynaudio speakers? I am asking because I have the AA towers, and am wondering how much I would need to spend to get a better speaker. Thanks, and good luck with your sale.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
eBay have fees but would you have the same protection as a seller somewhere else? You know as well as I that there's a price for anything worthwhile. I have sold several items on eBay and benefited from their protection in a few disputed cases.

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I've watched you go through alot of gear and ALOT of different speakers. I remember way back when, you had the Ascend Acoustic towers. I'm just curious, if I may ask, what made you move on from them and what is making you want to move on from the Dynaudio speakers? I am asking because I have the AA towers, and am wondering how much I would need to spend to get a better speaker. Thanks, and good luck with your sale.
Always had to use a sub with them, the Ascends. The Dynaudio faces a bass issues as well. Very good speakers other wise. What hit the bullseye for me were the Focal Aria 926. In this room they kill it. Big bass. Great mids and a nice upper. The Kef LS50 are great too but require a sub.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Ahhh, yes. I get it. Once I installed the Rythmik sub I could live with the Ascends a while longer. It filled in the bass pretty good. You're right. Not much bass from them dual 6 inch woofers... Focal 926 huh? Interesting...I'm gonna check them out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
hifishark.com may be more europe oriented from what I remember seeing a couple times but have heard it's a good way to go....

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Ahhh, yes. I get it. Once I installed the Rythmik sub I could live with the Ascends a while longer. It filled in the bass pretty good. You're right. Not much bass from them dual 6 inch woofers... Focal 926 huh? Interesting...I'm gonna check them out.
Yeah. I was surprised that one of the smaller towers I got had the biggest bass and sound stage... Who knows why??? Has to be the way the speaker design reacts in this room. On paper the Dynaudio should be the bigger sounding speaker with more bass.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah. I was surprised that one of the smaller towers I got had the biggest bass and sound stage... Who knows why??? Has to be the way the speaker design reacts in this room. On paper the Dynaudio should be the bigger sounding speaker with more bass.
How long have you had the Denon?

Too bad you don’t have a Yamaha AVR so you can try the manual Parametric EQ to dial in the bass (Frequency, bass level, Q-level).

Q = 0.5 is supposed to produce “tighter” bass and Q > 1.0 is supposed to produce more “boomy” bass.

If bass is too boomy for your room, you could cut the 20Hz-100Hz frequencies down by 0.5dB or so.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Yes, that is interesting indeed. Every room and every system is different so I guess you never really know unless you try it out.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If bass is too boomy for your room, you could cut the 20Hz-100Hz frequencies down by 0.5dB or so.
IMO, it would be more likely between 3 and 6dB. Also, if a cabinet is placed in a corner, that also amplifies the bass. Just by putting it further away would help.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
IMO, it would be more likely between 3 and 6dB. Also, if the cabinets are in a corner, that also amplifies the bass. Just by putting them further away would help.
Another factor is the amplifier damping factor (output impedance). With a high Qts speaker, you need a solid state amplifier with a lower amplifier's output impedance for a higher damping factor. A manufacturer's usual claimed damping factor is calculated for an 8 ohm load, so for a 4 ohm speaker, this figure is halved (Damping factor = speaker impedance value at a specific frequency divided by the amp's output impedance).

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis