About Audyssey with 3 subwoofers (one not the same as the others)

G

gaby95

Audioholic
So, I was watching the Youtube video from Audioholics about getting the most from the app.
A question came to my mind. I have 3 subwoofers two are HSU VTF-15H and one is an older AV123 MFW-15.
I have been connecting one HSU to one port of my Denon 4300 and then the other HSU and MFW-15 connected to the other LFE channel of the Denon.
I am about to calibrate my new system next week when all parts arrive (4400h, new cables, amp etc).
I was wondering if it makes more sense to run the two HSUs on one LFE and the MFW-15 on the other LFE.
All subwoofers are right behind my chairs next to each other (the placement cannot be changed so no recommendations to move them please). They are NOT next to the walls though as behind it the subs I have the projector on a shelf and enough space to move behind them. The room is very wide also. It is an unfinished basement but with insulation on all walls.

Thanks for your suggestions!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would probably do as you suggested. Two HSU’s on one and the av123 on the other. Audyssey will EQ them globally, and since they’re all together it won’t likely matter too much.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If anything I'd put the two subs that are equidistant on one sub out, the other on its own. If that's even a particular thing the way you have them placed.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
If anything I'd put the two subs that are equidistant on one sub out, the other on its own. If that's even a particular thing the way you have them placed.
My interpretive skills may have failed, but it seem like three subs behind a three seater couch? Seems pretty equidistant to me lol. I should read it again…..

G

gaby95

Audioholic
Yep the 3 are just behind the seats almost touching the back of our chairs. One HSU is right behind the middle chair, the other to its left and the MFW to the right. All nicely lined up behind us.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Then I’d say it might not matter much since they’re basically colocated and will act as one sub. Plus being near field in the extreme, there’s not much room to interact with.
So yeah. I’d do like said above.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis