A Perfect Circle latest album ..What do you think of it?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also, one of my favorite APC songs is “thinking of you”. Soooo many good ones though.
You guys are gonna end up nudging me to listen to some more APC, which isn't a bad thing. I may have been too quick to judge as a "watered down version" of Tool...
One of my favorites from these guys. Have liked them ever since

Throwing Copper was an amazing album. So many great tracks.
I've always considered Throwing Copper as an all time best album ever. I wore out 2 cassette tapes listening to it before I fully adopted cd's.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You guys are gonna end up nudging me to listen to some more APC, which isn't a bad thing. I may have been too quick to judge as a "watered down version" of Tool...

I've always considered Throwing Copper as an all time best album ever. I wore out 2 cassette tapes listening to it before I fully adopted cd's.
I would say APC is more straightforward than tool. More normal time sigs and less “tooling” around with intros and outros etc.
Here poges. Based on just the first 20 seconds this track should be in the sub candy thread. Just because it grooves so hard and is so tight(josh freese on drums I believe).
Should help “nudge” you lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

That is a great album. So many good songs.

APC is it's own thing, but I thought the same when I first heard their first album. They are defiantly their own thing now. New album is pretty good IMHO. I sat down to just listen to the first song and ended up listening to the entire thing. Woops.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Funny. I just bought a replacement for my old throwing copper. 2 bucks at a thrift store. Great album.
Also yeah, the tool jacket is weird. Takes some practice.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That is a great album. So many good songs.

APC is it's own thing, but I thought the same when I first heard their first album. They are defiantly their own thing now. New album is pretty good IMHO. I sat down to just listen to the first song and ended up listening to the entire thing. Woops.
I don't love the whole album, but a lot of the tracks are solid. I saw the show before I was able to listen to the album, so the show was pretty interesting since I had only heard the prerelease tracks. I picked up the zip up at the show too because it is just bada$$. It is all embroidered except the sleeve.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I like APC but I've also always called them Tool lite.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I like APC but I've also always called them Tool lite.
That’s Funny. I’ve heard that one before.
I’m pretty sure it weighs on all of the members, Maynard especially, to make sure they’re not trying to be a tool knock off. Personally, I don’t even compare the two.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
That’s Funny. I’ve heard that one before.
I’m pretty sure it weighs on all of the members, Maynard especially, to make sure they’re not trying to be a tool knock off. Personally, I don’t even compare the two.
I'm not knocking them for it. I actually prefer when bands have a different name for projects that are exploring a different sound, even if it's the same members. For example, I feel like Metallica should have changed their name after the black album, or maybe even And Justice for All. Lots of industrial bands do this, it will be the same people playing several different styles of music, so they'll have 4 "bands".

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not knocking them for it. I actually prefer when bands have a different name for projects that are exploring a different sound, even if it's the same members. For example, I feel like Metallica should have changed their name after the black album, or maybe even And Justice for All. Lots of industrial bands do this, it will be the same people playing several different styles of music, so they'll have 4 "bands".
No I didn’t take it as a knock. Just that Maynard is the only TOOL member that’s in APC so I think it’s funny that people compare the two of them. Since they’re completely different groups of people.

For Metallica(a band which I spent countless hours playing their music), I don’t think they should’ve changed their name. But they should have fired Lars after “justice”(almost fired him after the master of puppets tour but then cliff died so...) since he can’t do $hit live. FWIW, I do love the black album. Load/reload, meh. Enjoyed st anger(even the funny snare lol) Death magnetic has some super Mega awesome guitar work, but Lars fukked that up by having the engineer boost all the levels so it’s distorted, 100% of the time. So it sounds like crap.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No I didn’t take it as a knock. Just that Maynard is the only TOOL member that’s in APC so I think it’s funny that people compare the two of them. Since they’re completely different groups of people.

For Metallica(a band which I spent countless hours playing their music),I don’t think they should’ve changed their name. But they should have fired Lars after “justice”(almost fired him after the master of puppets tour but then cliff died so...) since he can’t do $hit live. FWIW, I do love the black album. Load/reload, meh. Enjoyed st anger(even the funny snare lol) Death magnetic has some super Mega awesome guitar work, but Lars fukked that up by having the engineer boost all the levels so it’s distorted, 100% of the time. So it sounds like crap.
APCs lineup has changed a few times. Seeing them live with James Iha was awesome - but he's not touring with them for this album due to the Smashing Pumpkins activities.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The track I return to the most on APC’s latest album is Disillusioned. I jump around tracks on all of their albums though. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis