A Perfect Circle latest album ..What do you think of it?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Forgot to comment on Eat the Elephant from APC. :). It’s got a few tracks that aren’t fully successful but the lyrics are well written. I find myself skipping around to hear certain tracks more than others.
Totally agree. Some tracks are great, others are...fine.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I really like Candlebox. They have some good music.

The funny thing is, I introduced one of my friends to Tool and he was hooked. He went on to Puscifer and APC and loves them as well. It's hard for me to get into Puscifer especially because they're pretty out there. Their live shows are pretty goofy too.
My brother opened for Candlebox a few years ago and I got to sit in the greenroom drinking beer with some of their members and another band. It was fun, but the lead singer of Candlebox was an ass hat. Dude didn't want my brother's band in the room because they weren't on the tour. I said "you're in Midland, TX and it's not 1995 anymore. Calm down." he didn't talk to me after that. :rolleyes:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My brother opened for Candlebox a few years ago and I got to sit in the greenroom drinking beer with some of their members and another band. It was fun, but the lead singer of Candlebox was an ass hat. Dude didn't want my brother's band in the room because they weren't on the tour. I said "you're in Midland, TX and it's not 1995 anymore. Calm down." he didn't talk to me after that. :rolleyes:
Good artist or not, he had that one coming! Lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Good artist or not, he had that one coming! Lol
They put on a damn good show that night. Sounded exactly the same as they did 20 years earlier. Dude's an impressive singer, but needs drop the diva complex.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I love their first album. Which of their others are worth picking up?
I don't think I owned any of their albums, but they got a lot of airplay in their heyday here in Phoenix. I think most of their best stuff is on that first album. I also recently discovered they have quite a few songs on Amazon Music.

I know a guy, the best drummer I know personally (taught me to play) who was going to audition when they were looking for a new drummer. As far as I was concerned he was a shoe in, but he psyched himself out and never went, thinking he would probably choke. Then he discovered meth. One of the most tragic wastes of talent I personally know of.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you like Candlebox, check out Gracious Few. It is the lead singer from Candlebox with the band Live after they kicked Ed Kowalczyk out.

I think the first APC album was the best too, but I liked 13th Step a lot too. That one appears to be MJK explaining his process for getting clean. If you look at the album, it is a progression of stages of addiction with the thirteenth step in a twelve step program being "Choose to Live". My brother is an addict and he pointed it out to me

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If you like Candlebox, check out Gracious Few. It is the lead singer from Candlebox with the band Live after they kicked Ed Kowalczyk out.

I think the first APC album was the best too, but I liked 13th Step a lot too. That one appears to be MJK explaining his process for getting clean. If you look at the album, it is a progression of stages of addiction with the thirteenth step in a twelve step program being "Choose to Live". My brother is an addict and he pointed it out to me
I did not know about these guys! Live is another band I liked a lot as well. One of my favorite songs:

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

Hmm. 13th step is slang for when you sleep with another addict in the program.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think I owned any of their albums, but they got a lot of airplay in their heyday here in Phoenix. I think most of their best stuff is on that first album. I also recently discovered they have quite a few songs on Amazon Music.

I know a guy, the best drummer I know personally (taught me to play) who was going to audition when they were looking for a new drummer. As far as I was concerned he was a shoe in, but he psyched himself out and never went, thinking he would probably choke. Then he discovered meth. One of the most tragic wastes of talent I personally know of.
Meth is a horrible horrible thing. Sorry to hear that for your friend man.
FWIW, iirc Candleboxes main drummer is/was Dave Krusen. He recorded Pearl Jam’s “ten” which is my favorite PJ album.(he also recorded other various tracks of theirs later on) Of interest to me is that his vibe comes through in both bands. Even the sound of his drums is fairly consistent in both. Dave was also inducted into the RandR hall of fame with PJ, and has recorded with a variety of bands.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Nice JG! I will check this out!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hmm. 13th step is slang for when you sleep with another addict in the program.
Yeah, I am sure and likely is related to why he chose the term, a little double entendre. Check out the track:

By the way, BOTTOM is my favorite track off of Undertow too, even though I love Sober :)

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I am sure and likely is related to why he chose the term, a little double entendre. Check out the track:

By the way, BOTTOM is my favorite track off of Undertow too, even though I love Sober :)
The Undertow album doesn’t have any bad songs. I like Flood for example and play that one a lot. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I did not know about these guys! Live is another band I liked a lot as well. One of my favorite songs:

One of my favorites from these guys. Have liked them ever since

Throwing Copper was an amazing album. So many great tracks.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I used to pick up my bass players guitar and just POUND the riff to bottom. Problem is, I’m a drummer lol. He loved it. Good times...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Also, one of my favorite APC songs is “thinking of you”. Soooo many good ones though.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I went ahead and downloaded all of these on my AMZN unlimited app even though I have all the discs. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis