A Perfect Circle latest album ..What do you think of it?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I listened to it twice so far and I walk away feeling somewhat disappointed. Maybe its a maturation of their music but I find it less angry and less aggressive than their previous material which I really liked.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I know where you're coming from, but it grew on me very quickly. I saw the show before the album came out. I think that influenced how I felt about some of the stranger songs. This one has remained in heavy rotation for me since it came out though. It IS different for them, but I like it.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I first heard tool on a cassette tape dubbed recording of Opiate that one of my sisters friends had played for me in Jr High and left at our house. A few years went by. When Undertow came out I was in my senior year of high school and was lucky enough to get tickets to see Tool at the outdoor festival called Rockstock 94 in WA State. This was an incredible performance outdoors by Maynard. A few days later I figured out the tape was the prior album Opiate. I had listened to it many times but there was no label on it saying the artist or album so I didn’t realize it was Tool. I remember the other side of the tape had Ozzy songs recorded on it. Gotta love those unlabeled cassettes. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Undertow is an amazing album too. Must have been great to see them during that time.

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Ok I thought Perfect Circle was its own group ? Its a spin off from Tool ? Now I gotta give them a chance . I admit I never listened them before but I will you tube em now... . yup tool spin off .. Thanks for the Post

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok I thought Perfect Circle was its own group ? Its a spin off from Tool ? Now I gotta give them a chance . I admit I never listened them before but I will you tube em now... . yup tool spin off .. Thanks for the Post
AFAIK, Maynard is the only Tool member that ever been involved in APC. I love tool. Danny is one of the best ever.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's not what I'd typically expect from APC, but I still liked the album.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
After you give A perfect Circle a spin, check out Puscifer, which is MJK's other side project.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
AFAIK, Maynard is the only Tool member that ever been involved in APC. I love tool. Danny is one of the best ever.
APC has evolved over the years featuring members from a lot of different bands (NIN, Puscifer, QotS, etc...). Notably James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins. James is not on tour with them and Maynard mentioned that Iha would not be with them because he is getting ready for the Smashing Pumpkins "reunion" tour - which is already no longer the original lineup again lol because D'arcy said she still can't work with Billy Corgan.

I've seen APC twice, both times incredible shows. We had great seats with a fully unobstructed view closer to the stage and slightly above the floor crowd. Only strange thing, both times, you basically don't get to see him because he's odd that way.

Going to throw this out too. Their opening act which I'd never heard of. It is part APC and Puscifer. I was not sure what to think when they started playing, but even with their short set, I already liked them (They must have filmed Again and Again on this tour, because that is the exact stage setup we saw).

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
APC has evolved over the years featuring members from a lot of different bands (NIN, Puscifer, QotS, etc...). Notably James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins. James is not on tour with them and Maynard mentioned that Iha would not be with them because he is getting ready for the Smashing Pumpkins "reunion" tour - which is already no longer the original lineup again lol because D'arcy said she still can't work with Billy Corgan.

I've seen APC twice, both times incredible shows. We had great seats with a fully unobstructed view closer to the stage and slightly above the floor crowd. Only strange thing, both times, you basically don't get to see him because he's odd that way.

Going to throw this out too. Their opening act which I'd never heard of. It is part APC and Puscifer. I was not sure what to think when they started playing, but even with their short set, I already liked them (They must have filmed Again and Again on this tour, because that is the exact stage setup we saw).

Wasn't too sure about again and again, but The End is awesome. Thanks! New band to listen to.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wasn't too sure about again and again, but The End is awesome. Thanks! New band to listen to.
Yeah, they are kind of a different sound, but they put on a good show. Good energy and she's got a great voice.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I really like APC and Puscifer, but I’m really looking forward to the new Tool album. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As big a fan of Tool and MJK in general I am, I just don't get from Puscifer that chill factor (goosebumps) associated when I really love the music. "Judith" (APC) comes very close, but so far that's about the only song that really stands out to me.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I’m probably into more types of music than most people. Judith definitely feels more like a Tool song. :)

I saw Tool in 1994. It was outside and raining hard like many concerts here in WA. The funny part is I was in LA just prior and I was flying home to hear Primus I thought, but my GF got the bands confused. She only cared that Candlebox was there. The show was amazing despite the heavy rain and muddy and bloody mash pit going on etc. Most of the crowd left immediately after Tool left the stage and only a few people stayed for Candlebox. We left too. LOL. :). I did get to see Primus finally years later in 1999 at another outdoor festival in WA and that was a good show too.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I’m probably into more types of music than most people. Judith definitely feels more like a Tool song. :)

I saw Tool in 1995. It was outside and raining hard like many concerts here in WA. The funny part is I was in LA just prior and I was flying home to hear Primus I thought, but my GF got the bands confused. She only cared that Candlebox was there. The show was amazing despite the heavy rain and muddy and bloody mash pit going on etc. Most of the crowd left immediately after Tool left the stage and only a few people stayed for Candlebox. We left too. LOL. :). I did get to see Primus finally years later in 1999 at another outdoor festival in WA and that was a good show too.
I really like Candlebox. They have some good music.

The funny thing is, I introduced one of my friends to Tool and he was hooked. He went on to Puscifer and APC and loves them as well. It's hard for me to get into Puscifer especially because they're pretty out there. Their live shows are pretty goofy too.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I really like Candlebox. They have some good music.

The funny thing is, I introduced one of my friends to Tool and he was hooked. He went on to Puscifer and APC and loves them as well. It's hard for me to get into Puscifer especially because they're pretty out there. Their live shows are pretty goofy too.
Ya I’ve always liked a bunch of genres but I’m all over the map with music now in my mid 40s. My GF was pretty surprised to come home to hear me listening to Pipe Organ CDs the other day. LOL. :)

For me Undertow was the best album but being at the concert may have influenced that for sure. LOL :). I had Opiate on cassette Dubbed and I think it was on one side Opiate and on the other side was Black Sabbath :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ya I’ve always liked a bunch of genres but I’m all over the map with music now in my mid 40s. My GF was pretty surprised to come home to hear me listening to Pipe Organ CDs the other day. LOL. :)

For me Undertow was the best album but being at the concert may have influenced that for sure. LOL :). I had Opiate on cassette Dubbed and I think it was on one side Opiate and on the other side was Black Sabbath :)
I'll be 50 next year! :oops:

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Forgot to comment on Eat the Elephant from APC. :). It’s got a few tracks that aren’t fully successful but the lyrics are well written. I find myself skipping around to hear certain tracks more than others.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis