A little vent about 8k

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Until they switch to higher res, 720/1080 is all we get now from terrestrial sources- the changeover happens on/after Oct 18, 2019.
The old channels move on 10/18 to free up the sold spectrum but I don’t know if ATSC 3.0 will be implemented immediately. Its been talked about since 2017. Do you have more info?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Just bought a 65" 4k oled about 10 months ago. Been upgrading my movie collection to 4k blu ray, now all I see is 8k is the big thing, new hdmi standard and they say the Tokyo Olympics might be broadcast is 8k and most providers might even skip 4k and go straight to 8k. Like what the heck. Got to buy all new equipment and replace my dmp-up800. Basically 6000 worth of home theater equipment including waiting for a pre amp with hdmi standards that can pass 8k. Frustrated :mad::mad:
Yeah I’ll also avoid buying any more 4k movies , your tv will not be obsolete probably ever oled are a superior technology to qled and led tv .
8k is only 7.6knit is double 4k yes but you need a massive screen to see any difference too sit very close .

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You will be good for while. I'm still 1080p pioneer elite kuro and I'm completely happy.
Nice why did pioneer and Panasonic leave the tv business? They had amazing quality R.I.P. ..:: plasma and old brands they died of sars

Free the reptile aliens

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Nice why did pioneer and Panasonic leave the tv business? They had amazing quality R.I.P. ..:: plasma and old brands they died of sars

Free the reptile aliens
As stated, it was all about profit margins. Not many people pay 6k retail for a 60"display.

Edit: not many people pay 6k for a pair of speakers either.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
As stated, it was all about profit margins. Not many people pay 6k retail for a 60"display.

Edit: not many people pay 6k for a pair of speakers either.
More people will pay 6 grand for a tv then speakers because Sound-bars or lbubber trash bars as I call them are leader in audio-sales .

Free the reptile aliens

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis