a Democrat Texan wants more gun control...........

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's racism if you think there's some evil magic related to skin pigmentation that makes people inherently good or bad (implying somehow skin color/race are a cause). It's statistics to say the majority of shootings in X location are done by Y race (effect).
That doesn't prevent some from making the claim, though- especially on social media. However, all of the shootings in that area have been committed by one group- not saying all from that group are responsible, just the ones who did them. Never happened before and if it doesn't stop, the area will die as a place to go for dinner/drinks, etc, at night. It's within walking distance of the Fiserve forum (where the Bucks play), large music venues and City Hall.

If I were to assume that skin pigment is the determining factor, I would say White people are evil because we have done more bad things to more people than anyone else.

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
That doesn't prevent some from making the claim, though- especially on social media. However, all of the shootings in that area have been committed by one group- not saying all from that group are responsible, just the ones who did them. Never happened before and if it doesn't stop, the area will die as a place to go for dinner/drinks, etc, at night. It's within walking distance of the Fiserve forum (where the Bucks play), large music venues and City Hall.

If I were to assume that skin pigment is the determining factor, I would say White people are evil because we have done more bad things to more people than anyone else.
Agreed. We know there's a ton of other factors that influence crime rates; poverty, their support structures (family, community, school, and work), lack of upward mobility, access to mental healthcare, etc.

I am happy to admit I was that naïve, privileged white person that thought the US was getting better and better. I think it was in part because as I got through college and into the workforce my network drastically gained diversity. Obviously the last 5 years have convinced me that while some improvements have been made, the US has very far to go before we treat our fellow countrymen and women as equals.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed. We know there's a ton of other factors that influence crime rates; poverty, their support structures (family, community, school, and work), lack of upward mobility, access to mental healthcare, etc.
be sure to add, 'lack of a family unit' , assuming you did under support structures. I see that as one of the biggest concerns regardless of race.......

I am happy to admit I was that naïve, privileged white person that thought the US was getting better and better. I think it was in part because as I got through college and into the workforce my network drastically gained diversity. Obviously the last 5 years have convinced me that while some improvements have been made, the US has very far to go before we treat our fellow countrymen and women as equals.
Peacefull co-existence is all I realistically hope for.....

highfigh

highfigh

And this city, as I have posted many times, is not doing much for the ones who need it most. The school system has terrible dropout rates/chronic truancy/terrible reading & math scores and the budget for the upcoming year will be in the $1.3B range, for 76K students. Now, they're trying to find ways to spend the $500M in federal money that's coming- maybe they should do a freaking study to determine how they could get better results because this system is a disgrace.

I have heard comments from kids in the system such as "There's nothing for me, here"- yeah, well, there is, but you need to realize that what they offer is what will get you a damn job and a way out of poverty. For the ones who want more emphasis on studies that have nothing to do with the core curriculum, they should be told "Do this stuff well, take the other classes as electives and get the education you need, not the education you want. If you want more specialized classes, either go to one of the schools that deal with them (school for the arts, technical school, etc) and do the rest on your own time, rather than deciding at 15-18 that you don't want to go to school anymore and live in poverty for the rest of your life.

From the link, "The four-year graduation rate in Milwaukee Public Schools rose to 69.1 percent for the Class of 2019 according to new data released on March 10, 2020, by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI). This marks an increase of 2.4 percent over the 2018 graduation rate of 66.7 percent, and an increase of 10.9 percent over the 2015 graduation rate of 58.2 percent. "

highfigh

highfigh

be sure to add, 'lack of a family unit' , assuming you did under support structures. I see that as one of the biggest concerns regardless of race.......

Peacefull co-existence is all I realistically hope for.....
People in each group can't get along with each other- it's a good thing violence isn't inter-racially equal across the board- that would be disastrous. It couldn't be called 'civilization', at that point.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
And this city, as I have posted many times, is not doing much for the ones who need it most. The school system has terrible dropout rates/chronic truancy/terrible reading & math scores and the budget for the upcoming year will be in the $1.3B range, for 76K students. Now, they're trying to find ways to spend the $500M in federal money that's coming- maybe they should do a freaking study to determine how they could get better results because this system is a disgrace.

I have heard comments from kids in the system such as "There's nothing for me, here"- yeah, well, there is, but you need to realize that what they offer is what will get you a damn job and a way out of poverty. For the ones who want more emphasis on studies that have nothing to do with the core curriculum, they should be told "Do this stuff well, take the other classes as electives and get the education you need, not the education you want. If you want more specialized classes, either go to one of the schools that deal with them (school for the arts, technical school, etc) and do the rest on your own time, rather than deciding at 15-18 that you don't want to go to school anymore and live in poverty for the rest of your life.

From the link, "The four-year graduation rate in Milwaukee Public Schools rose to 69.1 percent for the Class of 2019 according to new data released on March 10, 2020, by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI). This marks an increase of 2.4 percent over the 2018 graduation rate of 66.7 percent, and an increase of 10.9 percent over the 2015 graduation rate of 58.2 percent. "

Sad ......:(

highfigh

highfigh

Sad ......:(
The school system is also one of the main reasons Milwaukee County property tax rate is almost double that of the surrounding counties- a friend lives in the county to the North in a larger house than mine, on close to an acre- his tax bill is about 60% of mine and my house isn't anything special.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I feel that your just making my point. They already won't follow rules responsibly even when they are enforced as laws. All it does is slow people down. But take off the speed bumps and what's going to happen

You feel your way I feel mine. Here's how I feel you need some kind of regulations with even the legal side of gun control. You can't trust the masses to do the right thing.

You gotta compromise. Refusing to compromise because some people out there won't follow the laws so what's the point of even trying type of point is not good enough of a discouraging point to convince me.
regulations haven't stopped speeders, people that text when driving, driving when intoxicated, the selling of hard drugs so what makes you think that regulations are going to stop gun violence. Enforcement in most cases doesn't work 100% of the time. True criminals and just people that want or don't care are going to break the law.

C

corneileous

Junior Audioholic
regulations haven't stopped speeders, people that text when driving, driving when intoxicated, the selling of hard drugs so what makes you think that regulations are going to stop gun violence. Enforcement in most cases doesn't work 100% of the time. True criminals and just people that want or don't care are going to break the law.
But see you when you say that, they’re most likely response is asking you if you think we should just abolish all laws and that’s not the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
But see you when you say that, they’re most likely response is asking you if you think we should just abolish all laws and that’s not the point.

Totally lost what you were trying to say. And nope we need laws, trying to enforce is another mater.

C

corneileous

Junior Audioholic
Totally lost what you were trying to say. And nope we need laws, trying to enforce is another mater.
Here, let me try this approach… I didn’t say we didn’t need laws; all I said was when you said those laws do nothing against prevention- pretty much when you said people break speed laws, drug laws and such, when you say that to a typical liberal, their response is usually going to be asking asking you, “so what are you saying we need to do, abolish all laws, then?” That’s all I was simply saying.

When it comes to a specific group of people not being legally recognized to own and carry a gun for serious crimes, I’m not saying I have a problem with those laws. I just have a problem with the other laws that I’ve already talked about several posts ago when it comes to magazine restrictions, not being able to buy a handgun legally outside of your home state, the states that still require permits, the states that have this may issue attitude over shall issue because you have to prove to them what your specific need is for needing to carry a gun, and all the other stupid stuff like that.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Here, let me try this approach… I didn’t say we didn’t need laws; all I said was when you said those laws do nothing against prevention- pretty much when you said people break speed laws, drug laws and such, when you say that to a typical liberal, their response is usually going to be asking asking you, “so what are you saying we need to do, abolish all laws, then?” That’s all I was simply saying.

When it comes to a specific group of people not being legally recognized to own and carry a gun for serious crimes, I’m not saying I have a problem with those laws. I just have a problem with the other laws that I’ve already talked about several posts ago when it comes to magazine restrictions, not being able to buy a handgun legally outside of your home state, the states that still require permits, the states that have this may issue attitude over shall issue because you have to prove to them what your specific need is for needing to carry a gun, and all the other stupid stuff like that.

Gota ya.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis