86 Inch TV VS 110 Inch Projector

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It does sound like a lot, but with how much the TV in our house is on (at least 8 hours a day), 20K hours goes by a whole lot quicker! I was mostly curious as to what happens with a laser projector at that point.

I will admit that I was a bit confused when OP was concerned about lamp replacement but then mentioned laser projectors!
Right there with you. Laser PJ is a great concept and it's nice to see that JVC nailed it pretty good with the NZ3. I'd be curious to see one of the models I linked earlier. It's a very interesting concept.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
From everything I've read, you don't replace the Laser at all.

You have to buy a new projector once the laser burns out.
I'm willing to bet that even if you could replace the laser, by the time you'd need to the part probably wouldn't be available.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm willing to bet that even if you could replace the laser, by the time you'd need to the part probably wouldn't be available.
Either the Laser parts will be unavailable (after 17 years) or the cost of the Laser replacement (parts and labor) is a lot more than people will want to spend.

I mean if people can get a 4K Laser Projector for $3K and the cost (parts & labor) to replace the laser is $2K, I don't think anyone is going to do that.

K

Kosta

Junior Audioholic
Now we have it easy, with both computer design and measuring software easily affordable for the DIY speaker builder. The strangest thing to me is that now it is so much easier, we seem to have less doing it. Having said that though I think there must be enough of it going on, to give outfits like Parts Express a decent living.
In my opinion, it probably has to do with the slow "extinction" of audiophiles and rise of the mp3, dubstep/new pop generation. Don't get me wrong... I am not the guy who will be judgemental or prejudiced about the music taste of other people. As a musician I like almost every genre of music, from classical to Progressive metal, but the newer trends are just not music unfortunately and I can't think of a reason for someone to buy a HiFi system, let alone build one or order a custom one to maximize quality, to listen to audio samples...

It's really sad because building a Hifi system or even doing research and learning new things to buy a branded system is really fascinating and I would hate to see the audiophile community gone...

Sure you can't fit a 120" screen in your room?
Technically, If I use a pull down screen or build a contraption to hide a fixed screen and lower it only when I am watching a movie, I could easily fit a 120" screen or even bigger. The problem is the speakers... The space from the wall to the door is 2.75m so every time I want to use the syustem I will have to move the left speaker in front of the door and then move it back.

This is how it will look

final.JPG

I could use the 6m wall though but only If I use a pull down screen, which means an extra grant for a tension screen. If I go with a projector I will build my own fixed screen which will cost no more than 150€ but I can't make a pull-down one...

In any case, I have already ordered my audio system so before I buy a TV or projector I will set it up and see which orientation makes it sound better and make my final decision then.

The NZ3 is a Laser 4K-eShift Projector. I use the economy lamp setting. I think the high lamp setting has a rating of 20K hours, so the economy lamp setting should have more than 20K hours.

There is no lamp to replace with the NZ3 since it is a Laser PJ.
I avoided looking at the JVCs because I heard their lamps are crazy expensive so I wasn't aware that the NZ3 was a laser projector. What I was really not aware of though was that there is no replacement laser for laser projectors!!!

Anyway, when any laser projector can no longer output any picture, you have to buy a new laser projector.
Are you 100% sure about that? I have been trying to find information on replacement laser for a while but I couldn't find anything so I assumed that since it's a new technology and their lifespan is so long they just didn't rush it.

I also went to a tech store today, spoke to a salesman and he told me that he installed a casio laser projector and that replacing its laser is easy and inexpensive... I still couldn't find a replacement laser for the casio online though...

I heard that the LG HU80K does not have a replacement laser because LG mentioned it so could this be the case only with specific laser projectors?

Funny, while reading this thread, my brother sent me a link to an interesting projector.
I know about the vava projector! I have seen a couple of reviews and it looks like a decent projector but not anything special. It's biggest drawback is the 100+ms latency which makes it unusable for gaming.

I know you already know this, but 20k hours is a LOT
Well... you are not wrong. It's 14 years if you are using it 4 hours per day for movies and casual gaming or 10 years if you are a hardcore gamer.

That's not the issue though. The problem is trying to sell it in case you want to upgrade. Who is going to buy it if they know it's gonna day in a few years...

Also, can you justify spending 3-4 grant on something that will be unusable after a specific time, especially if you can't easily save money for home theater?

Microleds can't come soon enough :'( But even if they come, gen 1 and 2 is always bad so I would have to wait for a long time.... Why can't future me send just send me a nice 110" microled via the time machine post office ;)

And why is this TV 60 grant??? It would have solved my problem....

98" Class Q900 QLED

K

Kosta

Junior Audioholic
From what I heard so far, am I right to assume that the ideal solution in my case is AcuDefTechGuy's recommendation? A projector for movies and TV for casual series watching and gaming?

My budget is such a big problem :( The thing is that I don't want to get 2 decent things instead of a good one... Small TVs with low quality blacks really bother me so I would have to go for a minimum of 65" or possibly even 75" high end TV and a laser projector and still manage to stay around 4K euros.

Oleds are out of the question price-wise so do you have a LED TV recommendation for my case?

Also for the projector, my initial choice was the UST P1 because I will have to use a very long HDMI cable with a long throw and I will have to go for an optic fiber HDMI which will add another 100 euros to the total cost. Is the Optoma one the cheapest UST laser projector on the market other than the epson LS500 which has really bad reviews?

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I think the NZ3's 20K hours is based on the default high lamp mode. You will have to manually change the mode to Economy. JVC didn't give a time rating for the Economy mode.

Anyway, when any laser projector can no longer output any picture, you have to buy a new laser projector. :D

With lamp-based projectors, you can replace the lamps. But as soon as you replace the new lamp, the light output immediately starts to deteriorate. So by 24 months, you pretty much need to replace the lamp if you want to have the same great light output.

Laser projectors are supposed to retain most of the great light output from start to finish (end of PJ life).
I was told that you do not need to buy a new projector, but can send it back in to the manufacturer to have the laser replaced....no idea how expensive that will be though.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
It does sound like a lot, but with how much the TV in our house is on (at least 8 hours a day), 20K hours goes by a whole lot quicker! I was mostly curious as to what happens with a laser projector at that point.

I will admit that I was a bit confused when OP was concerned about lamp replacement but then mentioned laser projectors!
Yup... I was going through bulbs every years with mynold ae8000. I was 2k plus in hours every year...if I even made it that far.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I used to have to replace the bulb at least ince a year on my ae8000 projector. I am looking forward to finding a Laser projector I can afford.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was told that you do not need to buy a new projector, but can send it back in to the manufacturer to have the laser replaced....no idea how expensive that will be though.

I think it just depends on whom you ask. :D

But all the times I've tried to search online about replacing the Laser in projectors, most sources say you can't or not feasible to replace the Laser.

I just spoke to the JVC PJ customer support. They said they don't replace the Laser, which is what most online sources say. So once the Laser stops working, you have to replace the entire projector.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
My budget is such a big problem :( The thing is that I don't want to get 2 decent things instead of a good one... Small TVs with low quality blacks really bother me so I would have to go for a minimum of 65" or possibly even 75" high end TV and a laser projector and still manage to stay around 4K euros.

Oleds are out of the question price-wise so do you have a LED TV recommendation for my case?
If budget is the problem, I'd just stick with getting the best TV you can, which unfortunately for black levels is going to be OLED. Vizio will be releasing some OLED's this year. Maybe wait til reviews of them come out and see how they fare against the LG and Sony OLED's?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I avoided looking at the JVCs because I heard their lamps are crazy expensive so I wasn't aware that the NZ3 was a laser projector. What I was really not aware of though was that there is no replacement laser for laser projectors!!!

Are you 100% sure about that? I have been trying to find information on replacement laser for a while but I couldn't find anything so I assumed that since it's a new technology and their lifespan is so long they just didn't rush it.

I also went to a tech store today, spoke to a salesman and he told me that he installed a casio laser projector and that replacing its laser is easy and inexpensive... I still couldn't find a replacement laser for the casio online though...

I heard that the LG HU80K does not have a replacement laser because LG mentioned it so could this be the case only with specific laser projectors?
I just spoke to a JVC PJ customer care rep. Like all the other online sources I've ever seen, he said they don't replace the Lasers. So once the laser fails after 20K hours (High-Lamp Mode) or longer (like 25K hours on Economy/Low-Lamp Mode), you buy a new PJ.

I've owned lamp-based PJ since 1992. And every 2 YR I've had to replace the lamp, which costs about $200. 24Y divide by 2Y = 12 lamps x $200 = $2,400.

So if you bought a new Lamp-PJ for $2,400 now. In about 24YR, the total cost would be $4800.

A Laser PJ for $3K cost now will still be $3K total cost in about 24YR (Economy Lamp mode).

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, I really like your setup! I see you are using a vertical center too, placed above the screen! I ordered a horizontal one myself with an extra mid drive to fix the issues that comes with the horizontal orientation. Any specific reason you placed it above the screen or is it just to widen the sweetspot for the back rows?

I wasn't planning on putting speakers behind the screen. Even a standard speaker mesh/grill messes with the sound so putting a screen in front of them, even an acoustic one, would ruin their fidelity which is important to me since I am planning to make my system suitable for both movies and HiFi music.

In any case I will make sure to visit a tech store and check the 77" Oleds and 85" Leds again and see if I will get the experience I want by seating closer. For example, based on the picture you posted, I would be seating a lot closer since at that distance I doubt the 77" would fill my field of view.

Before I make my decision, is there someone who has made the transmission from a good and large TV to a projector or vice versa? I would appreciate some feedback on the quality difference. Can a projector such as the optoma p1 reach LED TV levels of quality equal to the TVs mentioned above, better quality and closer to OLED or worse than a LED TV?
That would be me first house

20190523_015700.jpg

Second house

20191210_111607.jpg

I wish I could show you the picture in the 1rst house of the 75 inch TV I had up there it was comical but my files on those pics are too large

When I switched to a cheap optoma 1080p at the old home I was SHOCKED at how good it held up to TVs overall even the newer technology

The IMMERSION you get from that big of an image is amazing and detail is so good any differences you won't be picking up on as your blown away by sound and image

And gaming on a projector setup is a must

Even series on TV are betterone thing I hate about TV is the black bars from different formats.

It's not really an 85inch image when you have black bars on it damnit. That's a huge issue for me

At least on a projector screen even when I have bars the image is still huge and immersive

For me the jump is worth in my new room I have an Epson 6050 and even though it's faux 4k it's hard to tell a huge difference from the JVC and Sony unless you can somehow AB them

Are the JVC and Sony better? Yes am I thinking about that when I'm blown away on my room watching my Epson on my screen?

No nope not at all and I don't miss my TVs either

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That would be me first house

View attachment 37892

Second house

View attachment 37893

I wish I could show you the picture in the 1rst house of the 75 inch TV I had up there it was comical but my files on those pics are too large

When I switched to a cheap optoma 1080p at the old home I was SHOCKED at how good it held up to TVs overall even the newer technology

The IMMERSION you get from that big of an image is amazing and detail is so good any differences you won't be picking up on as your blown away by sound and image

Even series on TV are betterone thing I hate about TV is the black bars from different formats.

It's not really an 85inch image when you have black bars on it damnit. That's a huge issue for me

At least on a projector screen even when I have bars the image is still huge and immersive

For me the jump is worth in my new room I have an Epson 6050 and even though it's faux 4k it's hard to tell a huge difference from the JVC and Sony unless you can somehow AB them

Are the JVC and Sony better? Yes am I thinking about that when I'm blown away on my room watching my Epson on my screen?

No nope not at all and I don't miss my TVs either
Someone needs to update their theater thread...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If budget is the problem, I'd just stick with getting the best TV you can, which unfortunately for black levels is going to be OLED. Vizio will be releasing some OLED's this year. Maybe wait til reviews of them come out and see how they fare against the LG and Sony OLED's?
I would imagine that Vizio is buying LG OLED panels that might be a bit older than current gen. Nothing AT ALL wrong with that as they'll still be great TVs, but OLED won't really change unless someone else started making panels.

Be nice to see when Samsung starts making their new panel tech (QOLED?) and we have another choice outside of LCD/OLED, but cost won't be as good as OLED for a while.

Even still, always nice to have new panel tech on the horizon.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I would imagine that Vizio is buying LG OLED panels that might be a bit older than current gen. Nothing AT ALL wrong with that as they'll still be great TVs, but OLED won't really change unless someone else started making panels.

Be nice to see when Samsung starts making their new panel tech (QOLED?) and we have another choice outside of LCD/OLED, but cost won't be as good as OLED for a while.

Even still, always nice to have new panel tech on the horizon.
Yes, I assumed that they'd be buying LG panels as well. Will still be interesting to see how they turn out, though I don't know if I'd ever try a Vizio product again, but lots of people do.

K

Kosta

Junior Audioholic
If budget is the problem, I'd just stick with getting the best TV you can, which unfortunately for black levels is going to be OLED.
I visited a small tech store today and they had a cheap 70" LG model on display. I was siting a little over a meter away from it and I said to myself "man this is small"... I watched a few movies on my parent's 55" Oled and I have to say, there is nothing like the perfect Oled picture quality but the size... I had to seat as close to the TV as I could to enjoy it and the experience was still subpar. I can easily afford a 65" Oled but I have seen them from up close and they are still too small and the price increase of the 77" one is unreasonably high and unfortunately well outside my budget.

I will have to visit a bigger tech store which is in another city and have a look at the new 2020 75+ inch models and see if they are sufficient even If I have to seat a little bit closer than I had originally planned. I heard positive things about the new models so I hope their quality reminds me a little bit of the Oleds. I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of quality for the bigger size as long as the blacks are not noticeably bad.

I just spoke to a JVC PJ customer care rep. Like all the other online sources I've ever seen, he said they don't replace the Lasers. So once the laser fails after 20K hours (High-Lamp Mode) or longer (like 25K hours on Economy/Low-Lamp Mode), you buy a new PJ.

I've owned lamp-based PJ since 1992. And every 2 YR I've had to replace the lamp, which costs about $200. 24Y divide by 2Y = 12 lamps x $200 = $2,400.

So if you bought a new Lamp-PJ for $2,400 now. In about 24YR, the total cost would be $4800.

A Laser PJ for $3K cost now will still be $3K total cost in about 24YR (Economy Lamp mode).
Thank you for asking them! Since we now know for sure that's the case that could be a deal breaker. The big plus with the laser projectors is the uniformity of their picture over the years unlike the lamps that slowly lose quality over time. I know this in theory though, since I ve never owned a projector I don't really know how much the quality is affected after 500, 1000, 1500 and finally 2000 hours.

Since you have experience on this matter could you please let me know how much is the quality affected? For example are you looking forward to change the lamp after a couple of hundred hours or after a thousand hours of usage due to the quality reduction or do you see a noticeable difference only when the time to change the lamp comes?

Doing the math like you did is not a bad idea! The Optoma P1 costs 4K euros and I found lamps for the epson 6050 for a little over a 100 euros. The epson costs 2500 euros so I will have to change the lamp about 14 times to reach the price of the optoma. 14*2000 hours = 28000 hours which are not only more hours but after that the optoma will need replacement but I can keep buying lamps for the epson and keep going until another component fails. The only issue is the quality reduction over time which I don't know if it has an impact on the overall home theater experience.

The epson was just an example. It was one of my lamp based picks when I first started looking for a projector. The pixel count is half that of the rest of the e-shifters but from the reviews I ve seen they say they look sharper due to their excellent contrast. Then again their good blacks are due to their iris, as far as I know, which is quite slow so I don't really know how good they are with their iris turned off.

That second picture!!! Gorgeous!!! I have seen ceilings like yours with the star effect and man do I love them! The roof of my house is not flat so I don't know If I can do something similar but even If I can I don't know where to start...

I see in the first picture your center channel is blocking a little bit of your screen (It could be the picture angle though). Did that bother you while watching movies? I am asking this because I was thinking that I could go with a 120" screen If I go with a projector and place the speakers at the front. A little bit of the top of the speakers will block the sides of the screen but is it actually noticeable when you are watching a movie on such a large screen?

So am I right to assume that a decent 2-3 grant 4K projector can be on par with a decent LED TV?

This is what I noticed with my parent's 55" TV. They had a 32" TV so understandably for them it was a big upgrade. It turns out you get used to a small TV quite fast and my father keeps telling me he should have gone for the 65" one but at the time the price difference was enormous... When we visited a couple of big tech stores though and he saw the 75"+ ones he said "Those wouldn't be half bad either" :)

I guess you should base the screen size on your sitting distance and get the biggest screen you can...

I can imagine :D Playing a war game on a good Atmos system must take things to a whole other level!!

This is such a painful truth.... I truly hate the black bars... This is actually one of the reasons why I can't enjoy content on smaller TVs because the content itself makes the TV looks smaller... When 16:9 content appears is like watching on a different TV....

This is a huge plus for the projectors since even the original Ben Hur can look immersive on a huge screen!

For me the jump is worth in my new room O have an Epson 6050 and even though it's faux 4k it's hard to tell a huge difference from the JVC and Sony unless you can somehow AB them

Are the JVC and Sony better? Yes am I thinking about that when I'm blown away 8m my room watching my Epson on my screen?
I mentioned the epson above, that was before I saw your comment. I would really appreciate your input as well on my question above for both the lamp quality reduction over time and the sharpness & quality of blacks with the iris turned off.

Like the bigger screen size I bet the same applies with the image quality. Unless you buy the absolutely best thing on the market you will always crave the better one ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I visited a small tech store today and they had a cheap 70" LG model on display. I was siting a little over a meter away from it and I said to myself "man this is small"... I watched a few movies on my parent's 55" Oled and I have to say, there is nothing like the perfect Oled picture quality but the size... I had to seat as close to the TV as I could to enjoy it and the experience was still subpar. I can easily afford a 65" Oled but I have seen them from up close and they are still too small and the price increase of the 77" one is unreasonably high and unfortunately well outside my budget.

I will have to visit a bigger tech store which is in another city and have a look at the new 2020 75+ inch models and see if they are sufficient even If I have to seat a little bit closer than I had originally planned. I heard positive things about the new models so I hope their quality reminds me a little bit of the Oleds. I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of quality for the bigger size as long as the blacks are not noticeably bad.

Thank you for asking them! Since we now know for sure that's the case that could be a deal breaker. The big plus with the laser projectors is the uniformity of their picture over the years unlike the lamps that slowly lose quality over time. I know this in theory though, since I ve never owned a projector I don't really know how much the quality is affected after 500, 1000, 1500 and finally 2000 hours.

Since you have experience on this matter could you please let me know how much is the quality affected? For example are you looking forward to change the lamp after a couple of hundred hours or after a thousand hours of usage due to the quality reduction or do you see a noticeable difference only when the time to change the lamp comes?

Doing the math like you did is not a bad idea! The Optoma P1 costs 4K euros and I found lamps for the epson 6050 for a little over a 100 euros. The epson costs 2500 euros so I will have to change the lamp about 14 times to reach the price of the optoma. 14*2000 hours = 28000 hours which are not only more hours but after that the optoma will need replacement but I can keep buying lamps for the epson and keep going until another component fails. The only issue is the quality reduction over time which I don't know if it has an impact on the overall home theater experience.

The epson was just an example. It was one of my lamp based picks when I first started looking for a projector. The pixel count is half that of the rest of the e-shifters but from the reviews I ve seen they say they look sharper due to their excellent contrast. Then again their good blacks are due to their iris, as far as I know, which is quite slow so I don't really know how good they are with their iris turned off.

That second picture!!! Gorgeous!!! I have seen ceilings like yours with the star effect and man do I love them! The roof of my house is not flat so I don't know If I can do something similar but even If I can I don't know where to start...

I see in the first picture your center channel is blocking a little bit of your screen (It could be the picture angle though). Did that bother you while watching movies? I am asking this because I was thinking that I could go with a 120" screen If I go with a projector and place the speakers at the front. A little bit of the top of the speakers will block the sides of the screen but is it actually noticeable when you are watching a movie on such a large screen?

So am I right to assume that a decent 2-3 grant 4K projector can be on par with a decent LED TV?

This is what I noticed with my parent's 55" TV. They had a 32" TV so understandably for them it was a big upgrade. It turns out you get used to a small TV quite fast and my father keeps telling me he should have gone for the 65" one but at the time the price difference was enormous... When we visited a couple of big tech stores though and he saw the 75"+ ones he said "Those wouldn't be half bad either" :)

I guess you should base the screen size on your sitting distance and get the biggest screen you can...

I can imagine :D Playing a war game on a good Atmos system must take things to a whole other level!!

This is such a painful truth.... I truly hate the black bars... This is actually one of the reasons why I can't enjoy content on smaller TVs because the content itself makes the TV looks smaller... When 16:9 content appears is like watching on a different TV....

This is a huge plus for the projectors since even the original Ben Hur can look immersive on a huge screen!

I mentioned the epson above, that was before I saw your comment. I would really appreciate your input as well on my question above for both the lamp quality reduction over time and the sharpness & quality of blacks with the iris turned off.

Like the bigger screen size I bet the same applies with the image quality. Unless you buy the absolutely best thing on the market you will always crave the better one ;)
With any projector, the biggest factor will be what black level it can attain. That and HDR capability. From what @AcuDefTechGuy says and has shown in screenshots, the JVC Laser NZ3 looks pretty fantastic. Blacks aren't as good as the NX5, but the price isn't as high. If it were me and I wanted to stick to a lower budget, I'd try the JVC NZ3 and if it just doesn't work for you, then return it.

I personally went with a Mitsubishi DLP (NZ3 is also DLP) and it's been excellent for 8 years. Only replaced the lamp once so far. However, I got my panasonic plasma about a year after the PJ and noticed immediately that the PJ was nowhere in the same league with the plasma, the plasma was 3x the cost so that does make sense.

Having said that, I still watch movies on the projector simply because even though the black levels aren't the best, the REST of the picture is excellent. It's SO much more immersive at 120" than my biggest 70" TV. No comparison. Once you have a screen that big, you won't go back.

K

Kosta

Junior Audioholic

I am keeping an eye on the QD-OLEDs too, they sound really promising. To tell you the truth I would be very skeptical to buy an expensive LG Oled TV because of the way their support handled a stuck green pixel on my parent's Oled after only a few months of usage.

A couple of months before, I was even thinking on waiting even a couple of years for microleds but from what I hear even if they come out this year it will take a long time for their price to drop, especially for the 100"+ sizes. I also hear that because they had to make the leds so small they are not very reliable and it will take them a few generations to improve.

I feel like I am right at the transition point of TV technology, same as when the plasma TVs where replaced by LEDs, which makes me very dubious about my decision... Am I rushing? Should I wait or is this a vicious circle which never ends???

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I am keeping an eye on the QD-OLEDs too, they sound really promising. To tell you the truth I would be very skeptical to buy an expensive LG Oled TV because of the way their support handled a stuck green pixel on my parent's Oled after only a few months of usage.

A couple of months before, I was even thinking on waiting even a couple of years for microleds but from what I hear even if they come out this year it will take a long time for their price to drop, especially for the 100"+ sizes. I also hear that because they had to make the leds so small they are not very reliable and it will take them a few generations to improve.

I feel like I am right at the transition point of TV technology, same as when the plasma TVs where replaced by LEDs, which makes me very dubious about my decision... Am I rushing? Should I wait or is this a vicious circle which never ends???
You're at a great time to buy, but the part that sucks is that single panel TVs that aren't projection just can't get to large sizes without being VERY expensive.

K

Kosta

Junior Audioholic
the JVC Laser NZ3 looks pretty fantastic. Blacks aren't as good as the NX5, but the price isn't as high. If it were me and I wanted to stick to a lower budget, I'd try the JVC NZ3 and if it just doesn't work for you, then return it.
I don't doubt it but I am very skeptical about laser projectors now that I know they are unusable once their laser life is over. I will wait for someone to comment on my question above about the lamp deterioration because it could have an impact on my decision.

The NZ3 is 500 euros cheaper than the optoma P1 which is nice but one of the problems I am facing with long throw projectors is the length of the HDMI cable. From what I know you can't do 4K/60 with an HDMI over 7.5 meters and even that is pushing it... The UST solves the problem since I will have to run an HDMI well over 10 meters long otherwise. I want to avoid an active HDMI because it could damage the receiver's port so are optic fiber HDMIs the only way to go?

What do you use and if you use an optic HDMI could you recommend me a brand? There are so many of them....

and if it just doesn't work for you, then return it.
I envy the excellent support of your local stores... In my country you buy it and like it or not you stick with it...

Once you have a screen that big, you won't go back.
I keep hearing that a lot :) I wish I could experience it first hand before I make my choice!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis