7" Denovo Audio Apollo MTM build

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
WTF this site cant handle HD Picture Files ??? Guess I cant post any pictures

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I upload mine to a photo hosting site such as imgur, and the resize them to an acceptable size to something like 800x600.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
WTF this site cant handle HD Picture Files ??? Guess I cant post any pictures
Even 1mg files still come out good for most instances. Not sure of the cutoff size but reduce them if you dont want to use a hosting site.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just resize photos for posting here, simple enough as it's built into windows....

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Ok thanks for the resize tip. Here are a few 2 meg pics . Late start on taking pics all pieces cut out already

Attachments

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Here are some more MTM Pics Kit come this Tuesday 11/13/18. You can see my old home made circle jig hanging on my bench in the dewalt pictures . Its the white plastic board with a cut out for router and pivot points . Again Jasper is way better and worth every penny

Attachments

Last edited:
DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
yup More pics. Cutting out and rounding over front baffle . This is only 1/2 " thick and getting the 3/4" front baffle glued to it making for a 1 1/4 " thick front baffle. Inner edges rounded over on router table.

Attachments

Last edited:
DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
More pics will add descriptions later. Speaker grill frames glued up and clamped. Made new stands to get tweeters at ear level. Going to go with just 2 channel stereo in music room when speakers are done. You can see the size difference against my 6.5 " speakers

Attachments

Last edited:
DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Last batch for now. Speaker Kit is going to be at my steps tomorrow . Built it all on specs so far . Waiting till I have drivers and tweeters in my hand to make cut outs for baffles. Cherry venneers laid out on floor to get them to lay flat before cutting and a home made cherry burl binding post plate. I hid the front grill magnets behind the front Cherry venneers on the speaker boxes . Works mint and sucks the speaker grill out of my hand when you get grills close to box. Very happy with this build so far

Attachments

Last edited:
DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
DeWalt 618? What I have, have one of those jigs too.
Love the plunge router and the circle jig is the BALLS cuts perfect circles every time. I made a home made jig on my first build. what a waste of time. The jasper jig is awesome worth every penny

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Love and the circle jig is the BALLS cuts perfect circles every time. I made a home made jig on my first build. what a waste of time. The jasper jig is awesome worth every penny
I just recently got the Jasper model you have, have had the 200 for a while. Thought about making one but decided to go the easy route for the cost.

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Ok speaker break in ? just play music on low
I just recently got the Jasper model you have, have had the 200 for a while. Thought about making one but decided to go the easy route for the cost.
Making one sucks I have a home made one good for the size you made it only . And for the time it took to make the home made rig and how easy and accurate the jasper is to use. I would pick the Jasper every time

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Break-in? I just use them.

Yeah the repeatability of specific diameters is great. Just don't drop the 200 on a concrete floor at the right angle :)

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Here are some more MTM Pics Kit come this Tuesday 11/13/18. You can see my old home made circle jig hanging on my bench in the dewalt pictures . Its the white plastic board with a cut out for router and pivot points . Again Jasper is way better and worth every penny
Braces rounded over both sides and placed to divide box into 3rds for even brace points

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis