7.1.4 Setup For Around $7.5-9K

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Cool. Will do that. The Pinnacles vs JBL 590s.
That will be an interesting li'l shootout. Keep us updated, we love stuff like this!

Oh, and let us know when you get them in so we can give you some tips on how to do a proper comparison. Stuff like level matching, blind quick switching (if possible) and making sure you defeat any rc or eq.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Yeah. Those 6.5’s will really carry the midrange. It’s basically the same surface area as the ultras with dual 6.5’s and dual 8’s OR the 590’s with dual 8’s and a stellar compression tweeter.
BS and a sub. Blah blah blah…..
Yeah. Right.
Having dual subs like SVS PB 16's and two humungous size floor standers, in my opinion, is overkill. It just takes up too much unnecessary real estate.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Having dual subs like SVS PB 16's and two humungous size floor standers, in my opinion, is overkill. It just takes up too much unnecessary real estate.
Yeah but that's what works for you I can tell you I've tried both. And I prefer the floorstanders and subs vs the bookshelves versus subs. No comparison. But I an empathetic to the fact not everyone can fit get spousal approval or really have a big enough room to justify going that route. So I understand when people go that route. But your almost implying that bookshelves are a better route to go period. Hell no not if the room is big enough or you can get away with it. There is no replacement for the experience of highly capable towers matched with subs I've done both and if my space allows it monster towers and monster subs all day long baby!!!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well I give you that. To a point…
It depends. Imo, on room volume, seating distance, expectations, budget etc. this room iirc is 16x25. Subs and towers would easily fit in there. And would do a better job. Imo.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah but that's what works for you I can tell you I've tried both. And I prefer the floorstanders and subs vs the bookshelves versus subs. No comparison. But I an empathetic to the fact not everyone can fit get spousal approval or really have a big enough room to justify going that route. So I understand when people go that route. But your almost implying that bookshelves are a better route to go period. Hell no not if the room is big enough or you can get away with it. There is no replacement for the experience of highly capable towers matched with subs I've done both and if my space allows it monster towers and monster subs all day long baby!!!!
I’m with you Danno! I was just at my friends house. THIS is behind his AT screen. LCR are HTM-12’s. This system is so dynamic you have the experience to understand. First 12 minutes of Ready player one at -10mv. It’s like King Kong is a actually coming through the damn ceiling.
Book shelf speakers…need not apply.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I’m with you Danno! I was just at my friends house. THIS is behind his AT screen. LCR are HTM-12’s. This system is so dynamic you have the experience to understand. First 12 minutes of Ready player one at -10mv. It’s like King Kong is a actually coming through the damn ceiling.
That’s end game stuff right there hats off to this fella !

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That’s end game stuff right there hats off to this fella !
It’s definitely been a journey. But you’re right, it’s an absolutely stunning HT experience. I haven’t had a chance to listen to any 2ch music yet but definitely will.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
That would have been great. But sadly he is pairing this system to the 65" A90J that he plans to purchase during BF Sale next month.

But as I said he is gonna move into New home in 2-Years. And at that time (Specially after this crazy experience) he most probably gonna go for dedicated Home Theater setup. That is in addition to this.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That looks friggin awesome bro

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
:oops:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Good lord man. I think I could die happy in that room.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Good lord man. I think I could die happy in that room.
Yeah dude. I think you could. I wanted to do CCT on it but ran outta time. I think it would be like sitting right in front of Danny.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What’s he got powering this up has to be amazing !
I bet you money it doesn't take as much power as you think. That's another advantage of big speakers paired with big subs. High sensitivity which usually means less power needed to make them speakers get LOUD

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I bet you money it doesn't take as much power as you think. That's another advantage of big speakers paired with big subs. High sensitivity which usually means less power needed to make them speakers get LOUD
Yes all that !

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes. This is truth.
However….@Mark E. Long
He does have 5 Inuke 1000. , a crown XLS1502, two nx6000 and an Inuke6000.
IF I remember it all correctly.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yes all that !
I know all my stuff looks big and huge to people who come to watch a movie but when it’s on at normal listening levels most people say wow as big as this rig is everything just disappears into the screen it’s big it’s immersive and they forget it’s all there that’s when I know I’ve done it right . And ya got to smile at that .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yes. This is truth.
However….@Mark E. Long
He does have 5 Inuke 1000. , a crown XLS1502, two nx6000 and an Inuke6000.
IF I remember it all correctly.
Dammm ! I love my big power but that’s crazy good right there .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis