7.1.4 Setup For Around $7.5-9K

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
43920, Ohio

Let me know if there are stores near his Location.
If your up around Calcutta the SVS place is just north of you up by Youngstown short drive north from you I believe they have a show demo room at least I herd that at one time they did you could possibly give them a call . Iam an hour south of Calcutta.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Ultras. When did the price go up. Did the Price go up on the Ultras recently. Because I was wondering all the Reviews I came across had them priced $2000 for pair even the early 2021 reviews. So I am guessing that they went up in price very recently. Ahhhh........... bad luck.
They raised prices on a few items the beginning of this month. If I were looking at SVS today I'd get the Pinnacles. Save a few bucks and put it toward subwoofage and you won't even miss the additional bass extension of the Ultra towers. Plus the Pinnacles are a little more friendly with placement.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
If your up around Calcutta the SVS place is just north of you up by Youngstown short drive north from you I believe they have a show demo room at least I herd that at one time they did you could possibly give them a call . Iam an hour south of Calcutta.
Google Maps say. They are no longer there and they moved.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Google Maps say. They are no longer there and they moved.
We’ll I don’t know if they have a show room anymore with this pandemic stuff going on . I bought two subs earlier this summer and I debated just driving up instead of shipping them they were here the next day lol it allowed me to clear out room for the new . I’d give them a call and see what they say there very helpful with anything . You might call the Best Buy at Robinstownship mall they do have a magnolia theater room or did but I don’t know if they have what you want but they do carry SVS subs not sure on the towers or books .

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
We’ll I don’t know if they have a show room anymore with this pandemic stuff going on . I bought two subs earlier this summer and I debated just driving up instead of shipping them they were here the next day lol it allowed me to clear out room for the new . I’d give them a call and see what they say there very helpful with anything . You might call the Best Buy at Robinstownship mall they do have a magnolia theater room or did but I don’t know if they have what you want but they do carry SVS subs not sure on the towers or books .
Yes will contact them.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
They raised prices on a few items the beginning of this month. If I were looking at SVS today I'd get the Pinnacles. Save a few bucks and put it toward subwoofage and you won't even miss the additional bass extension of the Ultra towers. Plus the Pinnacles are a little more friendly with placement.
I am looking at Ultras as I think they will be able full up more room than Pinnacles. They might feel better when he moves into larger space. Correct me if I am thinking wrong.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
This is what I am looking at:

Receiver: Denon AVR-X3700H
Subwoofer: Rythmik FV18

Setup 1:
Klipsch RP-504C x 1
Klipsch RP-8000F x 2
Klipsch RP-60000F x 4
Klipsch RP-400M x 4

Setup 2:
KEF Q650C x 1
KEF Q750 x 2
KEF Q350 x 4
KEF Q150 x 4

Setup 3:
JBL Studio 580 x 1 (Center)
JBL Studio 590 x 2
JBL Studio 580 x 4
JBL Studio 530 x 4

Setup 4:
Paradigm Premier 600C x 1
Paradigm Premier 800F x 2
Paradigm Premier 200B x 4
Paradigm Monitor SE Atom x 4

Setup 5:
SVS Ultra Center x 1
SVS Ultra Tower x 2
SVS Ultra Bookshelf x 4
SVS Prime Satellite x 4

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
JBL is kinda Tempting for its Price. But JBL Center Chanel is the real problem. JBL should have made a suitable Center Chanel for its 580 and 590 Speakers.

And again How does JBL Studio Compare to SVS Ultra lineup.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What is a step up from JBL Studio
Recommendations I got:
Paradigm Premier
NHT Speakers

What else. Can go bit high on budget now as he dropped down from 83" A90J to 65" A90J huge savings on that.
No matter what you want to get, I would talk to your dealers and see what kind of sales/discounts/incentives are available.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I like the Ultra option, but I'm a li'l biased and unfamiliar with the other choices 'cept for Klipsch. I also think you'd be fine with the Prime Pinnacle towers. You're getting pretty much all of the performance of the Ultra towers minus some bass extension, and your excellent sub choice takes care of that. You'll still be getting more room filling sound where it counts. The Pinnacles weren't out yet when I got the Ultra towers. If they were I'd have gone with them instead.

*PS, My 2nd choice would be the JBLs, but the center channel is definitely a weak link.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I like the Ultra option, but I'm a li'l biased and unfamiliar with the other choices 'cept for Klipsch. I also think you'd be fine with the Prime Pinnacle towers. You're getting pretty much all of the performance of the Ultra towers minus some bass extension, and your excellent sub choice takes care of that. You'll still be getting more room filling sound where it counts. The Pinnacles weren't out yet when I got the Ultra towers. If they were I'd have gone with them instead.

*PS, My 2nd choice would be the JBLs, but the center channel is definitely a weak link.
Okay.

Do you have any experience with Salk Song Lineup.

They look good and are in same budget as SVS. But am unable to collect much info regarding them specially for Home-theater use.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay.

Do you have any experience with Salk Song Lineup.

They look good and are in same budget as SVS. But am unable to collect much info regarding them specially for Home-theater use.
Salk Sound is getting toward the top of the food chain and make some of the best sounding, most accurate speakers you can find in that-ish budget range. I took a hard look at them but questioned power handling and overall spl. I have a large room, sit almost 15 feet from my front stage and like to crank it up pretty good sometimes. My research led me to believe the Sierra towers had the sensitivity and power handling I was after, they're 3 way speakers with the larger RAAL ribbon tweeter and are similarly very accurate, nice sounding speakers for a little bit less. Salk hands down has nicer finish options tho, and are quite the forum darlings 'round these parts.

M

mx416

Audioholic
I‘m heavily biased as well, but the SVS ultra & FV18 is a super setup in my opinion.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Salk Sound is getting toward the top of the food chain and make some of the best sounding, most accurate speakers you can find in that-ish budget range. I took a hard look at them but questioned power handling and overall spl. I have a large room, sit almost 15 feet from my front stage and like to crank it up pretty good sometimes. My research led me to believe the Sierra towers had the sensitivity and power handling I was after, they're 3 way speakers with the larger RAAL ribbon tweeter and are similarly very accurate, nice sounding speakers for a little bit less. Salk hands down has nicer finish options tho, and are quite the forum darlings 'round these parts.
Hmmm....... So Salk speakers are not efficient specially when run directly out of Reciever. 88db 6ohm. Yeah I guess not as loud as Sierra. 89db 4ohm.

Sad Sierra lineup is bit over the budget.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Oh ill also add my close friend has a pair of JBL 590s. TBH i like that tweeter slightly better than the SVS ultra. However, I prefer the mids and the impact of the SVS way more. The difference in tweeter would not make me go with the 590s over the SVS ultras. Just my two cents…..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmmm....... So Salk speakers are not efficient specially when run directly out of Reciever. 88db 6ohm. Yeah I guess not as loud as Sierra. 89db 4ohm.

Sad Sierra lineup is bit over the budget.
Not that Salk speakers are inefficient or insensitive. They really do make some of the best speakers in the world right now. The Sierra towers just edged them out for my use and requirements within my given budget. Salk make very capable 3 way speakers that would totally work for me but the cost goes up a big notch for their bigger speakers. For me it was between the Song Towers (2 way design) and the Sierras. They're the closest in price.

A note too, Ascend just recently raised some prices also, including the towers and Horizon center.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Get the 4 590’s and this center and build up your system this center is a lot and it’s right up the road from you too but you’ll never regret this setup .
I think you forgot to provide the link for the Center Chanel. Where should I purchase it from.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Not that Salk speakers are inefficient or insensitive. They really do make some of the best speakers in the world right now. The Sierra towers just edged them out for my use and requirements. Salk make very capable 3 way speakers that would totally work for me but the cost goes up a big notch for their bigger speakers. For me it was between the Song Towers (2 way design) and the Sierras. They're the closest in price.

A note too, Ascend just recently raised some prices also, including the towers and Horizon center.
Not going for high end. I am looking at their Base line.

Edit. Yes looking at same Song Towers 2-Way design.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Not that Salk speakers are inefficient or insensitive. They really do make some of the best speakers in the world right now. The Sierra towers just edged them out for my use and requirements within my given budget. Salk make very capable 3 way speakers that would totally work for me but the cost goes up a big notch for their bigger speakers. For me it was between the Song Towers (2 way design) and the Sierras. They're the closest in price.

Is the price increase due to shipping constraints and price hike on raw material and components. I guess this is worst time to get the system. But sad he is going for it now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis