7.0 DCM Speaker System -- a serious good price

A

alwaysflatulent

Audioholic Intern
I just got them. Use their website www-dot-pricedrightsales-dot-com. They also come with a 10 year warranty, not that you'd ever need it, but thats good to know. I found that info on the manufacturer's website.
I didnt get the 7.0 default setup, instead I got TP-260, TP-160S (2) and TP-160C separately. They even have 10% off for BF (BFCM2019).

A

alwaysflatulent

Audioholic Intern
They also have TP-160BDP (bipole/dipole) if you just want to stick to a 5.0 setup with the BDPs as as your surround speakers. I did not realize that until after I placed the order.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd love to check out those TP260s. I'm very impressed with the TP160S' I bought.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I just got them. Use their website www-dot-pricedrightsales-dot-com. They also come with a 10 year warranty, not that you'd ever need it, but thats good to know. I found that info on the manufacturer's website.
DCM unloaded all there stock, and sold the stock to PricedRight Sales -- it is up in the air if you get that 10 year warranty, that is one of the reasons for the good prices. But I believe PricedRight Sales does give you a 1 year warranty.

A

alwaysflatulent

Audioholic Intern
DCM unloaded all there stock, and sold the stock to PricedRight Sales -- it is up in the air if you get that 10 year warranty, that is one of the reasons for the good prices. But I believe PricedRight Sales does give you a 1 year warranty.
Pricedrightsales did mention about their one year warranty, but I asked them about the 10 year warranty on the DCM speakers website. They said after the one year, the manufacturer would cover it. There was no contact info on the DCM website, but my understanding is that the manufacturer is MTX and they still have DCMs listed on their website although it does mention out of stock. I did not check with MTX if they would cover warranty as I just went with what the PricedRightSales customer rep told me.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Will be real hard to trump this deal .... many people out there know how good the TP160S speakers are ... and yes the shipping is free
I saw those just now on their website. These look interesting too: https://pricedrightsales.com/products/mtx-audio-monitor5i-bookshelf-speaker-5-25-2-way-loudspeaker-home-theater-pair
Thank the lord they are sold out.
Darn they are here for 69$ anyone hear them.
Good reviews online.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Pricedrightsales did mention about their one year warranty, but I asked them about the 10 year warranty on the DCM speakers website. They said after the one year, the manufacturer would cover it. There was no contact info on the DCM website, but my understanding is that the manufacturer is MTX and they still have DCMs listed on their website although it does mention out of stock. I did not check with MTX if they would cover warranty as I just went with what the PricedRightSales customer rep told me.
The manufacturer is Mitek owner of MTX and DCM ... you can always contact Mitek, and maybe through MTX. ... All in all it is rare for speakers to go bad

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
OK, here is my take on the MTX Monitor 5i speakers

Only 1 cap to the tweeter -- no stuffing -- They are overall poor sounding and poor quality - the woofer and tweeter do not play well together. -- They are bright, loud, harsh, sharp, edgy, coarse, grainy, and scratchy sounding. Plus, artificial sounding with voices and instruments and the box rings. Even Bose is better than these MTX Monitor 5i speakers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Only 1 cap to the tweeter -- no stuffing -- They are overall poor sounding and poor quality - the woofer and tweeter do not play well together. -- They are bright, loud, harsh, sharp, edgy, coarse, grainy, and scratchy sounding. Plus, artificial sounding with voices and instruments and the box rings. Even Bose is better than these MTX Monitor 5i speakers.
Sooo... you're saying you didn't like them? :p

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Whoa off my budget list for sure. Thanks Z.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'd love to check out those TP260s. I'm very impressed with the TP160S' I bought.
I have been chewing on these TP260 for a couple weeks now. So far, quite happy with them. I bought them to replace Infinity P363 for 2 channel only (for now), in the main living room.

As soon as I put them in place, I immediately noticed that I liked them better than the P363, and I have confirmed this over 2 weeks. They don't have as much bass and authority as the P363, but what they have is very good and is more refined in pretty much every way.

I do see where they could be called a touch bright, but not Klipsch bright to my ears. My room is also not ideal, and that likely contributes to brightness that can be mostly corrected on my end. But, for general TV watching with background noise, I find these to be easier to understand the dialogue at lower spl than the P363.

I have not done a ton of critical listening, and that's not exactly what I bought these for anyway. As a good set of speakers in the living room, and not too pricey so you don't worry as much around children and pets, I am quite pleased with my purchase!

I have the TP160 set up in a critical listening room, mated with F15HP, but haven't had time to listen much, and I have the matching center but only hooked it up to check that it works.

We're talking the 2 towers, the 2 books, and the center for right about $420, delivered to my door exactly 2 days after I placed my order! I don't think you can find much better anywhere around that price or a little more.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis