6kwatt Sub with dual 21" Drivers Costs $100k: Are they Insane?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The YG Acoustics InVincible 21.2 is a monster subwoofer with twin 21-inch “BilletCore” drivers milled from solid slabs of aircraft-grade aluminum. The $100,000 InVincible 21.2 stands nearly six feet tall and weighs in at 462 pounds. With 6,000 watts of power on board, this sub promises to be the ultimate bass foundation for the world’s best stereo and surround sound systems.

Is this the subwoofer Doc Brown would make for Marty?

sub.jpg

Read: YG Acoustics Invincible Subwoofer Preview

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The YG Acoustics InVincible 21.2 is a monster subwoofer with twin 21-inch “BilletCore” drivers milled from solid slabs of aircraft-grade aluminum. The $100,000 InVincible 21.2 stands nearly six feet tall and weighs in at 462 pounds. With 6,000 watts of power on board, this sub promises to be the ultimate bass foundation for the world’s best stereo and surround sound systems.

Is this the subwoofer Doc Brown would make for Marty?

View attachment 30259

Read: YG Acoustics Invincible Subwoofer Preview
That is completely and totally insane. Size wise and cost, wattage too is just absolutely insane. I mean holy cow.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That is completely and totally insane. Size wise and cost, wattage too is just absolutely insane. I mean holy cow.
The funny thing is that all that design and manufacturing effort, i.e., having an internal enclosure within the cabinet, using aluminum panels, cutting the cone out of an aluminum billet, etc., has no acoustic advantage. It is all done for specsmanship bragging rights.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The funny thing is that all that design and manufacturing effort, i.e., having an internal enclosure within the cabinet, using aluminum panels, cutting the cone out of an aluminum billet, etc., has no acoustic advantage. It is all done for specsmanship bragging rights.
Seems a bit over the top. If I got the lotto I wouldn't buy one.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
If I won the lotto I'd buy 2... :p
No way. Studies show, at least 4 subwoofers are required for audiophile sounds. I’d buy at least 4 lol. Highs like SSSSSSS, and bass like BBBBBBBBBBB.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
But it sounds cool. :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No way. Studies show, at least 4 subwoofers are required for audiophile sounds. I’d buy at least 4 lol. Highs like SSSSSSS, and bass like BBBBBBBBBBB.
Ha ha! I just read a YouTube comment that said "I'll bet SVS could do that for under $8,000..."

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ha ha! I just read a YouTube comment that said "I'll bet SVS could do that for under $8,000..."
Lmao! Bet they could too. FWIW, I’ve seen some interesting talks about PSA’s new stuff.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I haven't checked into PSA much, but have heard some really good things too.
The “other” sites psa thread has been interesting. Lots of fan boi $hit but between all that is some interesting stuff. Haven’t been there for awhile so it’s probably bogged down by pages of subwoofer “wood” lol.
Still, the drivers Tom is using and the thought process is interesting to read about.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The difference is TomV is quite active on this forum (or least used to) and his posting/marketing style could be described in what I think is quite aggressive/pushy (at past, the subs comparisons were fuzzied to point of borderline dishonest). Dr. SHU, on the other hand, does very little to no marketing at all and let his products speak for themselves. You'd be the judge.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis