$600 Thank You note

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
What a waste of 600 dollars. coulda bought a new pair of speakers or somthing...

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I think I'll put the money towards an amp/pre amp since I'm without one right now. I was planning on budgeting $1200 or so. Now that number can mysteriously climb to $1800. ;)
Good plan! Heck, who cares if the kids are sitting in a worn down trailer instead of a nice building to get their education as long as the audio gear at home can have 50% more budget....

...errr....

Or put the money away for college tuition which will be in the tens of thousands. :)

To each their own I guess.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
The first kid's tuition (our 7yr old) is already paid for via 529's. The second kid (4yr old) is paid for via Roth's and an SEP IRA. Our 1yr old (3rd child) is what we are working on now. All our kids will be responsible for their room and board, either through loans or work/study.

Out of college, I worked in finance for 7 years. I'm a saver, and not a spender. If I came off flippant on buying audio, I didn't mean to be. It takes me months, or even years to decide on audio purchases.

This is pre-k. Some may qualify it as education. Others may say safe babysitting. Just remember - I had no idea what the money was for until just recently. I never closed the books on giving to my 4yr olds daycare center. It's just good to know why one is writing $600 checks for whatever the reason.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis