6 of the Best Flagship AV Receivers Compared for 2018!

A_Shah

A_Shah

Enthusiast
Gene
This review on AVR is Gr8 also watched your you tube video ! but some of us would like to have Audioholics to give us reviews on separates too ! as some of us may want to uprade to higher systems
Asghar

R

Roman Lewandowski

Audiophyte
Yes, working on a measurement YT video of the SR8012 tonight and will post later next week.
looking forward to the results as I have got one recently driving 7.2.4 system

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't heard anyone bragging about Pioneer's room correction or dynamic EQ. QUOTE].
Adam liked Pioneer better. It had more to do with him having a couple of different sweet spots that he got better control over using Pioneer's RC IIRC, than the actual sound

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, but Adam is nuts. :eek::D
I've never had a problem with pioneer or their RC. You have to go to the LXSC 70x series and up to get the advanced MCACC. I use mini dsp for sub 200hz any way and dont touch anything above that.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've never had a problem with pioneer or their RC. You have to go to the LXSC 70x series and up to get the advanced MCACC. I use mini dsp for sub 200hz any way and dont touch anything above that.
I don't use any kind of Room Correction EQ either. :D

Everyone has a different experience for sure. But to me, Room RC EQ is not important or a factor.

djembeman

djembeman

Enthusiast
Would you say you would get similar results to these 6 receivers, when you compare the 9.2 channel versions of them? Slightly less watts per channel, but most features remain. I just got the Onkyo TX-RZ830 for example and it is definitely a step or two up from my Onkyo TX-NR737 in sound quality and features. For my room (11' x 25') with 7.5' ceilings both receivers perform well. The reason I upgraded was so that I could get HDR support through the receiver and two front height channels. My room is not deep enough for 7.1.4, as the back of my room is already crowded with regular surrounds and rear surrounds. Having a great time with it except for the AccuEQ microphone stopped working after 3 uses. Through the warranty Onkyo is shipping me another microphone free of charge, so support has been great so far.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis