6.1 ch amp only 5 speakers? Yamaha rx v440?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Uh, okay, yeah, whatever you say.....backing off slowly.....
Yeah I’ll need new batteries for the remote if works fine . I may program my harmony judging by it needing 4 aaa !!!

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder what her RMS or sensitivity would be?
And just think, if she was holding LR rear surrounds he could have on the fly toe in adjustments. We might be on to something. Couldn’t make a sammich though. Hmmmm
We know that she's got high sensitivity to having 5 useless tv's laying around!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
We know that she's got high sensitivity to having 5 useless tv's laying around!
They sound like a. Mini version of my klipsch surround speakers . Maybe less harsh and bright but still piercing treble how do I even it out ?

This model
amo A330PDD3 5.1 Subwoofer/Satellite Speaker System - Black

Lol the hdtv are useful the non hdtv crt are junk .

Not getting anymore junk crt tv my back to bad to carry them . The 90 pounder was not bad but 120+ holy hell too hard .

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They sound like a. Mini version of my klipsch surround speakers . Maybe less harsh and bright but still piercing treble how do I even it out ?

This model
amo A330PDD3 5.1 Subwoofer/Satellite Speaker System - Black

Lol the hdtv are useful the non hdtv crt are junk .

Not getting anymore junk crt tv my back to bad to carry them . The 90 pounder was not bad but 120+ holy hell too hard .

Tesla spoken to them
Here's a proper link to the actual manufacturer's page...

I'm gonna go check out the specs now and see what you got!

*Edit: Upon closer inspection I'm not sure if that's the same one...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Lmao! Yeah it seems like it. Maybe she just wants one for herself?
How do you calibration each speaker to 75 decibels without the proper adjustments built in .
My dads led tv is dying of tv aids it’s getting build up of lines all over the screen .
Why cannot you adjust the sub or the fronts on this amp past 0 decibels? The center and surrounds let you go to +10 fronts and subs not past +0 how can you get everything adjusted properly

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No help with calibration of this model ? I tried a decibel app on my phone but I cannot adjust fronts at all all to match them to 75 dB . +0 on sub and fronts highest they go surrounds are +10
Do I need a Back center channel ?? I don’t have anymore jamo speakers

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Lmao! Yeah it seems like it. Maybe she just wants one for herself?
What types of wire that Home Depot’ sells is good for speaker wires ? Is it cheaper or more durable ? Unless I can find something cheap online with free shipping.

Tesla spoken to them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What types of wire that Home Depot’ sells is good for speaker wires ? Is it cheaper or more durable ? Unless I can find something cheap online with free shipping.

Tesla spoken to them
They probably have reels of appropriate zip cord/lamp cord....depends on gauge you need.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
They probably have reels of appropriate zip cord/lamp cord....depends on gauge you need.
People tell me they had something you can use there for speaker cable but , I totally forgot what product it was .
Is there really any specific difference between speaker wire and other types of wires for electrical work ?

Tesla spoken to them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
People tell me they had something you can use there for speaker cable but , I totally forgot what product it was .
Is there really any specific difference between speaker wire and other types of wires for electrical work ?

Tesla spoken to them
Not really, speaker wire is essentially zip/lamp cord, and that is likely most cost effective but often prettier than basic brown that often comes in but usually available by the foot so enabling you to buy just what you need. Home Depot also sells it labeled as speaker wire in different colors in packages, but watch out for CCA (copper clad aluminum, it works, but to match gauge of typical 99% copper wire you need to get a larger gauge (by 3 is the general guideline). As to types of copper used try this (ETP is just fine).

These may help

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Not really, speaker wire is essentially zip/lamp cord, and that is likely most cost effective but often prettier than basic brown that often comes in but usually available by the foot so enabling you to buy just what you need. Home Depot also sells it labeled as speaker wire in different colors in packages, but watch out for CCA (copper clad aluminum, it works, but to match gauge of typical 99% copper wire you need to get a larger gauge (by 3 is the general guideline). As to types of copper used try this (ETP is just fine).

These may help
So as long as you avoid cca this wire is essentially the same stuff speaker wire is on monoprice and other sites ?

Tesla spoken to them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So as long as you avoid cca this wire is essentially the same stuff speaker wire is on monoprice and other sites ?

Tesla spoken to them
Yes. CCA can be used, and can save some money, but sometimes can be a bit brittle to work with on terminations and you'd need to bump the gauge by 3 to generally equate what you get with 99% copper, and with the relative abundance of well priced copper, most just go with copper.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis