6.1 ch amp only 5 speakers? Yamaha rx v440?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I don’t have enough banana plugs for even the 5 speakers , do I need a second rear in the back ? So far cannot finds. Spot for it I have no 6th jamo speaker it only came with 5.
Is it safe to use speaker wire on banana plug clips without them ?

Has very robust steel speaker satellite stands weighted and seller claim they costed over $700

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The difference between having a single rear surround or not IME is minimal (the surrounds themselves should be more to the sides in a 5.1) and there's virtually no native material in that format either. The 5.1 audio should be just fine. I don't know what a banana plug "clip" is, tho.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The difference between having a single rear surround or not IME is minimal (the surrounds themselves should be more to the sides in a 5.1) and there's virtually no native material in that format either. The 5.1 audio should be just fine. I don't know what a banana plug "clip" is, tho.
Yamaha rx v440?
So I don’t need a center in the rear channel why did 6.1 even exist ? Reptilians ??

Tesla spoken to them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, you don't "need" it. You might prefer it, hard to know. You could use just about any of your old surround speakers to find out if you want to. I suppose it seemed like a step up from 5.1 before 7.1 came along. I think there were a few movies encoded for Dolby EX but not like for 5.1/7.1.

I don't see any "clips" on the back panel of the RX V440, look to be standard binding posts from what I see in the manual. You can use bare wire ends or banana plugs.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yamaha rx v440?
So I don’t need a center in the rear channel why did 6.1 even exist ? Reptilians ??

Tesla spoken to them
It was a standard at one point, EX IIRC. Rear surrounds IMHO are not necessary in most rooms. 5.X.X will get most people everything they need.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yamaha rx v440?

Tesla spoken to them
No. 6.1 was short lived and not that good. Iirc the rear center was problematic with the front center but can’t remember why exactly.
Don’t worry about the rear center, and don’t install one.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No. 6.1 was short lived and not that good. Iirc the rear center was problematic with the front center but can’t remember why exactly.
Don’t worry about the rear center, and don’t install one.
Yeah but do you think it might be worth it? What should he tell his mom?

At least post something useful... :p

Reptiles and aliens blah, blah, blah... free the rhinos

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Good thing I happened to be takin a whiz when I read that!!! Otherwise I would’ve peed my pants in laughter!!!!!

He should tell his mom to go make ‘em a sammich..... sup moms...?

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic

I like my snake “reptile” skin boots. Fried alligator “reptile” is delicious and they also make nice boots. I say free them all.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Good thing I happened to be takin a whiz when I read that!!! Otherwise I would’ve peed my pants in laughter!!!!!

He should tell his mom to go make ‘em a sammich..... sup moms...?
Could have her stand where the rear center would go and make the sound effects with her mouth on queue. Maybe have her hold the end of the speaker wire and amplify the signal so it gives her a li'l jolt and makes her yelp when there's a center signal. That should make for a seamless pan from speaker to mom to speaker.

How would you designate that? 5.Ma.1? Atmom?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Could have her stand where the rear center would go and make the sound effects with her mouth on queue. Maybe have her hold the end of the speaker wire and amplify the signal so it gives her a li'l jolt and makes her yelp when there's a center signal. That should make for a seamless pan from speaker to mom to speaker.

How would you designate that? 5.Ma.1? Atmom?
Atmom...holy Fukk.
Yeah, hook each of the conductor leads to an eye tooth, or just bite down on them.
You are genius.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Atmom...holy Fukk.
Yeah, hook each of the conductor leads to an eye tooth, or just bite down on them.
You are genius.
He could experiment with the signal strength and sample different responses for timbre and level matching too...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
He could experiment with the signal strength and sample different responses for timbre and level matching too...
I wonder what her RMS or sensitivity would be?
And just think, if she was holding LR rear surrounds he could have on the fly toe in adjustments. We might be on to something. Couldn’t make a sammich though. Hmmmm

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder what her RMS or sensitivity would be?
And just think, if she was holding LR rear surrounds he could have on the fly toe in adjustments. We might be on to something. Couldn’t make a sammich though. Hmmmm
lmao I wish

I don’t got the type of mom who’s just making me ham sandwich I gotta make everything myself . She does not know how to hook up electronics or help me either .
They hate speakers , TVs , antelope, zebras aliens , Sasquatch

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Unusual wire hider thing ??

Tesla spoken to them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Uh, okay, yeah, whatever you say.....backing off slowly.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis