$50 BB GC for any HD purchased prior to 2-23-08!!!

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Best Buy is automatically sending $50 giftcards to anyone who purchased a standalone HD player (from BB only...not CC...not WM...or any other retailer) prior to 2-23-08!!! :p:D
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat147600050717&type=category

Additionally, they are offering trade-ins of HD players AND MOVIES!!! for BD players. The site (commencing 3-21-08) set up by BB offers instant valuation on HD players and HD titles. Very cool. :)
https://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/

Not to be outdone by CC's deal a few weeks ago (for players only), BB has stepped it up a notch. No thanks. I'll take the $50. On second thought, I received my A3 with 19 movies...depending on the valuation...they may very well pay me to take a BD player off their hands! Now I'm interested! :D:p;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Does that include Magnolia? :) That's where I got mine, at a retail store, not one inside a BB (shouldn't matter I would think)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Does that include Magnolia? :) That's where I got mine, at a retail store, not one inside a BB (shouldn't matter I would think)
Absolutely. BB, BB.com and Magnolia. Check the link j! ;)

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think it's great that they are offering people the opportunity to recieve credit for their hd purchases. As a consumer, I'd be pretty angry if they sold me a format that they knew wasn't going to be supported much longer.

I was just in BB 2 days ago and they still had a big HD-DVD display (tv, player, sign pointing out benefits, etc) 10 feet from the BD one. I wonder how that might affect newer shoppers and if they are going to make people aware of the situation.

Jack

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I think it's great that they are offering people the opportunity to recieve credit for their hd purchases. As a consumer, I'd be pretty angry if they sold me a format that they knew wasn't going to be supported much longer.
Only fools and the ill-informed don't (and didn't) realize the numbered days of HD Jack.

I was just in BB 2 days ago and they still had a big HD-DVD display (tv, player, sign pointing out benefits, etc) 10 feet from the BD one. I wonder how that might affect newer shoppers and if they are going to make people aware of the situation.
Ignorance of business, which is really of what you write, is no excuse. If one asks a sales associate and are given misinformation...that's an entirely different matter. Let the buyer be well-informed. I ask for no less.

P

ParkerAudio

Full Audioholic
It will be interesting to see how BB values HD DVD. I checked out a few of their values, and they didn't make a lot of sense.
Denon 3805 - almost $200 gift card value
Denon 3806 - good for recycling, and nothing else
Onkyo 805 - again recycling
2005 XBOX360- with 3 games - $168 despite the RROD.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
It will be interesting to see how BB values HD DVD. I checked out a few of their values, and they didn't make a lot of sense.
Denon 3805 - almost $200 gift card value
Denon 3806 - good for recycling, and nothing else
Onkyo 805 - again recycling
2005 XBOX360- with 3 games - $168 despite the RROD.

Yeah, hopefully better than they do my perfect 5803...like $400. No way. :mad: Not that I'm looking to exchange it...I was just testing the water as well. :)

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
They'll give me $44 for my A2. For that I'll keep it as a DVD player. I am still renting HD DVD's at blockbuster online and will continue as long as they let me anyway. Beowulf is on it's way!:D.

I didn't see anything about movies on that site??

Pat

P

ParkerAudio

Full Audioholic
Well I am surprised at that low value of $44, that isn't even 1/2 of a 1 meter monster cable at BB.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
They'll give me $44 for my A2. For that I'll keep it as a DVD player. I am still renting HD DVD's at blockbuster online and will continue as long as they let me anyway. Beowulf is on it's way!:D.

I didn't see anything about movies on that site??

Pat
Yeah Pat. But if you bought it (?) at BB anytime prior 2-23-08, you will automatically be sent a $50 gc...unless you paid cash, and then you'll have to notify them. Not a bad deal. Makes me rethink my position on BB. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis