5.1 mini system for PC recommandation

PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
Any good suggestion for a mini dac and speaker kit for a PC gaming system?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Budget? Not many multich dacs I know of and they tend to be expensive. AVR and speakers/sub one way to go, or something like an all-in-one Logitech system...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would just do a good 2 channel for a PC. Most 5.1 PC speaker systems are pretty bad. There is an article that will be published on Audioholics in a few weeks (maybe) that goes over setting up a desktop sound system in detail.

PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
Budget? Not many multich dacs I know of and they tend to be expensive. AVR and speakers/sub one way to go, or something like an all-in-one Logitech system...
Under 1000$. I have already a good home theater system. So i just want something decent.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Under 1000$. I have already a good home theater system. So i just want something decent.
I'd still prefer the avr/speaker/sub route but the budget is on the thin side, but used can be a good route for such, too....do you need something to handle codecs like Dolby or DTS?

PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
I'd still prefer the avr/speaker/sub route but the budget is on the thin side, but used can be a good route for such, too....do you need something to handle codecs like Dolby or DTS?
this is what i have atm. I love alot, but there is some low noise coming from the sub ans speakers.

BTW sorry if my english is not very good. French Canadian

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't really answer my question, and the Z5500 can handle Dolby/DTS whereas a dac generally won't buy the license to do so, and the next choice would be an avr to handle such....

PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
Doesn't really answer my question, and the Z5500 can handle Dolby/DTS whereas a dac generally won't buy the license to do so, and the next choice would be an avr to handle such....
well iit is not mandotary to have dolby or dts, but it could be a nice thing to have

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You might look at what miniDSP.com has to offer for a multich dac, only other I can think of would be Okto. What is your source for 5.1?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like you already have a multich dac that can handle DTS/Dolby codecs....is it not useable? Or you wish to bypass it ? You could just hook up some active speakers with your current dac. By source I still meant more the source of the 5.1 content, is it just computer generated content? No optical disc player or game console etc is involved?

PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
Looks like you already have a multich dac that can handle DTS/Dolby codecs....is it not useable? Or you wish to bypass it ? You could just hook up some active speakers with your current dac. By source I still meant more the source of the 5.1 content, is it just computer generated content? No optical disc player or game console etc is involved?
only pc. No optical disc or consol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd look at just a set of active speakers/sub to work with what you have....unless it's not working well or something.

PatKen

PatKen

Audioholic Intern
I'd look at just a set of active speakers/sub to work with what you have....unless it's not working well or something.
nice, i will check on my side too. if you find anything, just link it to me

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have only one pair of active speakers, some JBL LSR305s, they could work well. They have a matching sub they can work with, too (310S)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis