5.1 for a small room

silentmuse

silentmuse

Audiophyte
Ratings
Advice needed. I'm looking for a basic audio system for a small living room.
I've already found some options, like Logitech Z906 and Energy 5.1 classic home theater system. Both have great reviews, and in the result I can't decide, which one I should get.
If you have something better in mind, let me know. I need a fairly small and light setup - nothing fancy, since I'm going to place speakers on a bookshelf.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Ratings
2,391 4
Advice needed. I'm looking for a basic audio system for a small living room.
I've already found some options, like Logitech Z906 and Energy 5.1 classic home theater system. Both have great reviews, and in the result I can't decide, which one I should get.
If you have something better in mind, let me know. I need a fairly small and light setup - nothing fancy, since I'm going to place speakers on a bookshelf.
Easy for me if you must go on the smaller side -- 5 each of the NHT SuperZero -- use one as your center channel -- and a really good price for them -- just add a subwoofer
https://www.amazon.com/NHT-SuperZer...pID=41Nl10LvalL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Ratings
866 8 1
Just as everyone has different ears, we all have a different idea of what a "small living room" might be. What are the dimensions, how far from the screen do you sit, and relative to a "loud speaking voice" how loud do you expect this system to play?

A

aim1861

Audioholic Intern
Ratings
Would like to add to KenM's comment, whats your budget? If its around $200 Z906 are pretty good I think those are THX certified as well. I had two sets of Z5500 I was pretty satisfied with the sound, it gets pretty loud almost 500 watts RMS and at a later date you can replace the LCR with something like Micca or any other option at that price point.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis