B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I bought the ultra 4K movie dead pool2 and I thought the whole idea of 4K was to have the best picture and sound. But the 4K disc has neutral X and the 1080 disc has Dolby Atmos. This is my first 4K disc so is this common?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
My 4k HDR Deadpool 2 has Atmos. Which version of the package do you have?

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
It’s the ultra 4K it comes with a 4K disc with neutral X the 1080 disc with atmos and a digital disc

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
The funny thing is the disc you think is 4K with black writing on it and says ultra is the 1080 disc and the red writing disc is the 4K disc

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
The funny thing is the disc you think is 4K with black writing on it and says ultra is the 1080 disc and the red writing disc is the 4K disc
Assuming, which seems likely, your version follows my Deadpool 2 SuperDuper cut set: your statement is not true.

The Black disk, labeled "UltraHD Premium" and with a notice early in the pre-play screens that it's HDR, is 4k, HDR, is 4k and has Atmos.
The Red Disk, labeled merely Bluray and without said warning, is a standard bluray.

I've even validate this belief by attempting both in a non-4k player. Only the red disk was readable.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
This is what I don’t get I put the black disc in my projector says 1080. But the red disc says 4K on the projector

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
i Tried the ultra disc in my other 1080 Blu-ray player and it would not read it which I figured.but I can’t figure out why the ultra disc says 1080 in the projector setting and 4K on the red Blu-ray Disc

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Neural: X is a sound mode/upmixer on your avr, similar to DTS' older Neo:6 and Neo:X. but Neural:X adds upmixing to the overhead speakers. Bluray lossless soundtrack would be DTS: X (which would include the data for overhead content rather than create it).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis