Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Those Portuguese bakery custard thingies were pretty darn good ...
I passed on all that out at Rick's because ... well, that's what fat people who don't want to be fat do. They pass on that stuff but when Rick was out here I figured it was my job as a good host to make sure they got some tasty treats but my pastry kung fu was weak that weekend ... damn! However that set off a pretty bad bout of pastry lust and I feel so jipped that these pastries sucked.

Bandphan seems to have his sweet connection all figured out. The good stuff isn't to be had at just any old place. Down there there are more really good Jewish bakeries than Italian ones. They always have good bread which is hard to get in FLA. Just don't bother going on a Friday afternoon unless you can afford to wait in line. I don't really like being the only non Jew in the joint. They're so intimidating. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
If we're talking Jewish food it would be a sin not to discuss pickles and hot dogs.

(grow up Alex...)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Critical error in dissing the pig when it comes to hot dogs. This thread sure took a 180.
You would think but the quality is usually top notch. ...and yes, from trying not to eat to what's good to eat!:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Day 2 down. This is a very nice job. I'm not all messed up physically from having to work like an animal.

I'd still rather be a millionaire like Rick. :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Who would want to be a millionare? Those poor guys can never catch a break.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Day 2 down. This is a very nice job. I'm not all messed up physically from having to work like an animal.

Rick spent his millions on AV equipment.;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Next time, I'll bring the deadly Almond Cake...
I just realized I am in the wrong thread but the mention of cake snapped me out of it. The mention of cake has got me thinking dessert again. Hmmm ... I am having some serious thoughts on the matter.

Mike, one woman comes with all those shoes ... and by the looks of those shoes she's really high maintenance.
Rick and his fat wallet could handle it! :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

I saved big bucks driving a $50. Fiat that I fixed up with junkyard parts.:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I have two Italian bakeries within three miles that turn out some phenomenal stuff, and that's not even counting the Portuguese ones in Newark.
I'm not a big fan of overly sweet stuff. I much prefer an apple to a donut. All I see is simple carbs and fat. I am trying to cut this fat off and you guys just keep tempting.:mad: Cannolis mmmm.:D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not a big fan of overly sweet stuff. I much prefer an apple to a donut. All I see is simple carbs and fat. I am trying to cut this fat off and you guys just keep tempting.:mad: Cannolis mmmm.:D
Don't knock it. You've got kolaches out there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis