300 Mbps Vs 900Mbps need?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I have 250 MB and it used to be amazingly "holy crap that's fast!". :oops:

We do a lot of 4k streaming too, and it still seems to be plenty fast enough.
Depending on the company they recommend a minimum of 25 MBps for streaming 4k.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Depending on the company they recommend a minimum of 25 MBps for streaming 4k.
But in these pandemic times with much work from home the minimum is in practice much lower for all streaming from Netflix and others. Hopefully it will not take that long until the usual quality is back.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No real issue. I switched to FiOS because optimum internet would drop 30+ times a day for a minute or 2 each time.
I initially had a Gig/900 Mbps speed but dropped it up 300 Mbps so bill went down to 60 but if I get my own router, return their the bill drops to 39.99. I just need a router to return theirs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Ah, if that's all then your new service should be all you need. As long as you don't have wifi issues then I wouldn't worry about it.

If you do, then you can look at new routers, but I wouldn't until you need to.

V

viorelc

Audioholic Intern
Re 1Gbit/s plan, it may be useful, depending on what your actual use is. Do the math on streaming in full res and you’ll see what I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
We have had DTV DSL for several years at 100Mbps. No issues with us and been the same $40.00 a month. Streaming 4K has not been an issue using Netflix. Using for laptop movies/streaming has no issues too. We've had the same ATT Gateway/modem for some time.

My AVR is Wi-Fi connected to DTV gateway, for music streaming and is great.

The average Mbps speed is around 70-87, depending.
I might add that we have 3 tvs 2 of them are on Wi-Fi wireless receivers. 4 laptops are using Wi-Fi from the ATT Gateway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis