3 amps to choose from. I need more drive for Rock/Metal! Which amp should I get?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
No, the spelling was just the icing on the cake. I don't really gove a hoot where you are. That's theior problem, not ours.

Your other posts here displayed a strong susceptibility to believe what you want and your propensity to ridicule any that try to point you in the right direction. IOW, just another pompous arse that wants validation, not the truth.

Enjoy sucking up the detritus that sells and keeps the flooby dust industry attached to this hobby like pilot fish to sharks or barnacles to ship bottoms.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
May I suggest reading up a little bit on electronics and how they operate? It would be very helpful to you in your search for an amp.

In the process you may also come to the conclusion that the speakers (the things actually producing the sound) make the largest difference in said sound. If you're unhappy with your music in any genres you should probably look at them.

Finally, and most doubtfully, you could learn to read a little more carefully and stop it with your ridiculous persecution complex.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
If you assess someone’s intellect by pointing to a misspelling in someone’s writing in a foreign language (English is my only language out of 6), then definitely your good judgement just about everything else in life is highly reliable.
If you want a good amp get a Quad or Yamaha P Series and call it a day otherwise move on. I'm sure you can find something more fun than trolling an audio forum.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If you can't buy anything but specific amps based on where you are located, why come to an American hosted forum for advice? Why not go local since everyone would be in the same predicament you are and would more likely have the specific experience you are looking for? Use a bit of logic and things will be much easier for you.

B

baltun

Enthusiast
If you can't buy anything but specific amps based on where you are located, why come to an American hosted forum for advice? Why not go local since everyone would be in the same predicament you are and would more likely have the specific experience you are looking for? Use a bit of logic and things will be much easier for you.
I wasn't aware it's an American based forum or mostly oriented towards the American market, - I thought it was an international one.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I wasn't aware it's an American based forum or mostly oriented towards the American market, - I thought it was an international one.
That makes more sense. Keep in mind when asking questions about specific amps (or anything that specific) that it will be nearly impossible to get the information you're after. You may find someone with experience with one, but more than that is not going to be an easy task. Also, no matter what you read or what others tell you a well designed amp will sound the same as another well designed amp of the same wattage. It is nearly impossible to tell a difference. If you hear a difference, then that's great, but once person's specific experience and preference is not really a good way to find what you want. Everyone's ears are different.

B

baltun

Enthusiast
That makes more sense. Keep in mind when asking questions about specific amps (or anything that specific) that it will be nearly impossible to get the information you're after. You may find someone with experience with one, but more than that is not going to be an easy task. Also, no matter what you read or what others tell you a well designed amp will sound the same as another well designed amp of the same wattage. It is nearly impossible to tell a difference. If you hear a difference, then that's great, but once person's specific experience and preference is not really a good way to find what you want. Everyone's ears are different.
Agreed. Thanks!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
In the process you may also come to the conclusion that the speakers (the things actually producing the sound) make the largest difference in said sound. If you're unhappy with your music in any genres you should probably look at them.
Interesting you should say this. I attempted to suggest this around post 25 but, alas, it apparantly wasn't what he wanted to hear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis