25% OFF MOST Fluance Speakers Sale!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, got an email notifying me that Fluance is having a 25% off most of their speakers sale. I am not in the market, but others may be. As such, I thought that I would mention this for those interested. Here is a link:

http://www.fluance.com/deals-special-offers

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay, I misread. It is NOT off ALL, but "most". My bad! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Its a shame, I don't see the Signature floorstanders on their sale. Those are really good speakers for the price. If more people understood how powerful and also how smooth off axis those things are, they would be a lot more popular.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Its a shame, I don't see the Signature floorstanders on their sale. Those are really good speakers for the price. If more people understood how powerful and also how smooth off axis those things are, they would be a lot more popular.
I thought about trying the Sig bookshelf speakers, but never have gotten around to it. Never been a tower gut myself. Always prefer the stand mounted types. Not much out there in terms of the Sig bookshelf reviews. It seems that Fluance has had some issues with quality control albeit consistency from what I garner. Wished Ziegl would give them a try. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm pretty fond of their bipolar speakers for HT. The already cheap AVBP2 sealed bipolar surrounds have a reasonably flat response uncharacteristic of Fluance's other lower cost speakers.

This particular model has a high 4kHz crossover point, so any weird phase matching issues aren't obviously discernable. This speaker seems to leverage the increased upper range of its 4-inch driver, so cone breakup is not obvious. Of course, these play behind my head, so I may not be able to listen as critically as I would with mains or center.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm pretty fond of their bipolar speakers for HT. The already cheap AVBP2 sealed bipolar surrounds have a reasonably flat response uncharacteristic of Fluance's other lower cost speakers.

This particular model has a high 4kHz crossover point, so any weird phase matching issues aren't obviously discernable. This speaker seems to leverage the increased upper range of its 4-inch driver, so cone breakup is not obvious. Of course, these play behind my head, so I may not be able to listen as critically as I would with mains or center.
The funny thing is that I had a set of their surround speakers, but never got around to using them. Just not a HT guy really. If my place was bigger, then HT might be more appealing to me. For now and always, it is much more about my music. Might get around to trying some Sig monitors before it is all said and done though. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Can I get a MOD to change the title from "ALL" to "MOST" please? It won't let me edit the title for some reason or another. I misread the notification. Not trying to mislead anyone. If a MOD will do that for me it would be most appreciated! Thanks! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Can I get a MOD to change the title from "ALL" to "MOST" please? It won't let me edit the title for some reason or another. I misread the notification. Not trying to mislead anyone. If a MOD will do that for me it would be most appreciated! Thanks! :):):)
Ask and ye shall receive.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Ask and ye shall receive.
Thanks Steve! Much appreciated. BTW, I started a thread on the new SVS 4000 Series of subs. Then, Gene did as well. Can you combine those two? That also would be most helpful. I like Gene's better than mine anyways. Thanks! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I thought about trying the Sig bookshelf speakers, but never have gotten around to it. Never been a tower gut myself. Always prefer the stand mounted types. Not much out there in terms of the Sig bookshelf reviews. It seems that Fluance has had some issues with quality control albeit consistency from what I garner. Wished Ziegl would give them a try. :):):)
I did try the Signature bookshelf -- they need more work as they have some phase issues, lacking in bass, and treble is somewhat coarse and grainy. However, if they go on sale for under $100 again, then worth a try for the budget friendly minded. I will say this, Fluance has good customer service.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I did try the Signature bookshelf -- they need more work as they have some phase issues, lacking in bass, and treble is somewhat coarse and grainy. However, if they go on sale for under $100 again, then worth a try for the budget friendly minded. I will say this, Fluance has good customer service.
Yeah, I remember when Dennis got a set of the Sig towers that he mentioned just how bad Fluance's QC was. More specifically, the drivers merely were not even in the same ball park so to speak.. Thus, resulting in (2) distinct X-overs that he reworked. That for sure is not a good sign on behalf of Fluance. Sure has given me pause from ordering anything else from them.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I remember when Dennis got a set of the Sig towers that he mentioned just how bad Fluance's QC was. More specifically, the drivers merely were not even in the same ball park so to speak.. Thus, resulting in (2) distinct X-overs that he reworked. That for sure is not a good sign on behalf of Fluance. Sure has given me pause from ordering anything else from them.:):):)
It looks like they corrected the tower issue -- if they come out with a new set of bookshelf speakers, I may try them again.

On a side note, it looks like Dayton Audio is getting a little more serious with their speaker designs, they have a new one coming out -- The Dayton MK402, and has a real crossover network
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-mk402-4-2-way-bookshelf-speaker-pair--300-455

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It looks like they corrected the tower issue -- if they come out with a new set of bookshelf speakers, I may try them again.

On a side note, it looks like Dayton Audio is getting a little more serious with their speaker designs, they have a new one coming out -- The Dayton MK402, and has a real crossover network
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-mk402-4-2-way-bookshelf-speaker-pair--300-455
Nice! Looks like Dayton is stepping up their game. Decent looking crossovers from what I can tell. A 4" playing down to 60 hz is no small feat. Certainly interesting to say the least.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis