D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If you attack Trump, you attack us. Aligning sort of a coalition/cult. Ironically NeverTrumpers are Republicans. Also the hypersensitivity if you do criticize Trump.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
There has to be some decent Democratic candidate out there .

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If Trump gets off....

I like Christie's message of We lost with Trump in '18 and '20, and we underperformed in '22. Is this what we want?

The thing though with primaries is Trump is insulated from debating some of them because there is such a large field. I almost feel like Christie has to go after Trump early and often before other candidates start getting more exposure.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A GOP presidential candidate with a spine.

>>>GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie made it clear Sunday he didn’t think much of the requirement that the 2024 GOP contenders agree to support the eventual party nominee in order to appear on the debate stage.
“I’m going to take the pledge just as seriously as Donald Trump took it in 2016,” the former New Jersey governor said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“As you’ll remember, Reince Priebus had to go up to Trump Tower to get him to sign it, to ask him to do so,” Christie added. “He did and then we went to a subsequent debate and we were all asked if we would reaffirm our support of whoever the nominee was going to be by raising our hand. There were 10 of us on the stage, nine of us raised our hands. The one who didn’t was Donald Trump.”

Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, another 2024 GOP candidate, recently challenged the notion of a loyalty pledge, saying he wouldn’t support former President Donald Trump, who’s hoping to become president again, if he were a convicted felon. “We need to concentrate on supporting the principles of the party, which is the rule of law,” he said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.”
But the RNC rejected the idea of a carve-out for this scenario.<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
According to one poll, Desantis' favorability is down 12% from earlier in the year. That would give Trump a straight path to the nomination. It would be sad/funny the party of law & order wants to reelect Trump.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Please please please not Trump and Biden again. Surely both parties can do better.:(

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
FU DeSantis and your woke BS! Guy doesn't know when to give it a rest.

DeSantis, while a strong second in the polls, looks like he's completely unlikable and is pissing people off with his woke excesses.

Christie, while I question his past, like Bridgegate, is the only one to this point who is going after Trump and the other clowns. And he's largely doing it by telling it like it is. His problem is his approval rating is lower than any candidate, and if he can't raise enough money by August he's done with and won't even make preliminary. I'd like to see him go deeper if just to put holes in the unsinkable Trump. If not he can get plenty of work in commentary.

Nice collection of two dickheads leading the field, eh.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
DeSantis had an anti-woke sign on his podium not long ago. Like it's an issue, but most of us don't care enough about it to wanna see it everywhere LOL.

When Christie was on Faux & Friends, I'd have wished he could counter with, Why are you holding water for Trump? What makes you think I don't have a good policy? What about Jan 6th? A pipe dream, but it would have been great.

I'd be surprised if he's ever invited back.

Trump's only vocabulary is DeSanctimonious etc. In the primary he's benefited by being insulated by so many candidates, but if he goes toes with DeSantis, the latter is far more articulate.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
and Biden is working on coming up with another BS 'vote grab' for his student loan forgiveness nonsense.........

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Christie said on Jan 6th: Trump was sitting in the WH eating a cheeseburger. :p

DeSantis on Jan 6th: I cant really comment. I wasnt there.

Christie: I think I recognize that kid. He asks tough questions. I bet he gave DeSantis an F. :)

Well at least Christie's trying. I have been waiting 8 years for this from a Republican, so I better enjoy with some beers. :cool::)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
what ever happened to Amy Klobuchar ? She seemed like a centrist Democrat I could get behind, was she not far left enough for the majority ?
Think your right. CNN calls her a moderate. Dropped out of the race in '20. Been a senator in MN since 2007.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think Biden doesn't debate in the primary (or minimally) because their gravy train depends on him defeating Trump. There's also the concern with Trump on the ticket if the Republicans can take the Senate.

DeSantis has been falling. If he doesn't change his direction soon even Christie might overtake him.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis