2022 Denon av-receiver models leaked

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Excuse my (Google) Japanese Translation. This content was released as a companion piece to the Official Japanese Press Release. These quotes should not be taken as rumor, but as a legitimate statements directly quoted from, or derived from interviews with Sound United engineers and officials at the highest levels. Again, interpretation of the translation may vary slightly, but the messages are clear in any language. As such, unless you speak Japanese, you should wait until September 22 for the EU release, and September 26 for NA, before making any final determinations.

9/15/2022
Kosuke Sugiyama

"A common feature of all models is that Denon's sound master Shinichi Yamauchi is involved in sound decision, and the HDMI terminal supports 8K / 60p and 4K / 120p. As a result, all Denon AV amplifier lineups will be 8K compatible."

The AVR-X3800H is a middle-class AV amplifier capable of 9.4ch output. As the .4ch says, it is possible to connect up to four subwoofers, and Kiyotaka Tanaka, who is in charge of sales at the company, explained, "This was achieved by installing the DSP 'Griffin Lite XP', which has higher performance than the higher-end models." . Regarding the actual usability, he said, "It's a maniac function, but if you put subwoofers on the front and rear left and right, you can feel the movement of the bass and it's very interesting."

The amplifier section is equipped with a discrete power amplifier with the same configuration for all 9 channels, inheriting Denon's flagship AV amplifier "AVC-X8500HA" and the design concept of Hi-Fi audio. The 9-channel amplifier is divided into two boards and mounted on a heat sink made of thick extruded aluminum, which is said to have excellent heat dissipation efficiency, achieving efficient heat dissipation and suppression of unnecessary vibration. The maximum output is 215W.

In addition, we jointly developed a power transistor with a manufacturer, and created a high-quality sound element that was particular about the circuit pattern inside the semiconductor. Sound master Mr. Yamauchi has achieved the sharp sound image, high resolution, and supple expressiveness that he is aiming for, and many other parts have been reviewed and their placement optimized.

The power supply section is equipped with a custom-designed large EI core transformer. By supplying power from dedicated windings to each of the pre/power amplifiers, mutual interference is suppressed and the purity of the sound is enhanced. Two large-capacity 12,000uF custom capacitors dedicated to this unit are used for the block capacitors. Improvements such as shortening the signal path and power supply line and thickening the board-like pattern have made it possible to achieve the rated output even during 5ch simultaneous playback. More than 70% output is possible.

Stereophonic formats support MPEG-4 AAC, Auro-3D, and 360 Reality Audio in addition to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. It also supports IMAX Enhanced, virtual 3D surround technology Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer, and DTS Virtual:X.

Equipped with pre-out mode, pre-out in 11.4ch is possible. Supports speaker placement up to 5.4.6ch. The pre-out mode installed in Denon's previous models could only be turned on/off, but the 3800H allows it to be turned on/off for each channel.

Audio correction technology is equipped with "Audyssey MultEQ XT32" by default, but it is planned to support updating to "Dirac Live" for a fee. According to Mr. Tanaka, "The license is relatively expensive and you need to buy a dedicated microphone, but the effect is incomparable. I think it would be interesting if AV amplifiers to be released in the future also support updates."

The HDMI terminal is equipped with 6 inputs and 3 outputs (including zone output), and all but one for zone output support 8K. 8K upscaling is also possible, and the power supply capacity of the output terminal has been improved from the conventional 200mAh to 300mAh, so high-quality and stable transmission is possible even when using a long HDMI cable that requires power supply.

In addition, it also supports game functions such as eARC and ALLM / VRR / QFT. HDR supports HDR10/Dolby Vision/HLG/HDR10+/Dynamic HDR.

Since it is equipped with the network audio system "HEOS", it is possible to play music streaming services such as Amazon Music HD and Internet radio. It also supports voice operation with Amazon Alexa, AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth transmission and reception.

The external dimensions (when the antenna is erected) are 434W x 237H x 389Dmm, and the weight is 12.5kg.

Edit: Same physical specs as AVR-X3700H as seen as the chart I have included here.
Maximum Dimensions
Antenna: Horizontal: (W x D x H) in Inches
Antenna: Vertical: (W x D x H) in Inches
W/O Antenna: (W x D x H) in Inches
17.1 x 15.3 x 6.6
17.1 x 15.3 x 9.3
17.1 x 14.9 x 6.6
Weight in LBS27.6

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
AVR-X2800H
The AVR-X2800H is an AV amplifier capable of 7.2ch output. This is also equipped with a discrete power amplifier with the same configuration for all 7 channels, and Mr. Yamauchi tuned it aiming for a "Vivid & Spacious" sound. The effect of noise is minimized by lowering the impedance of the signal line and power supply line on the power amplifier board and optimizing the parts layout.

Like the X3800H, the power supply unit is equipped with a custom-made large EI core transformer, and power is supplied from dedicated windings to each pre/power unit. Improvements have been made such as using two dedicated large-capacity 12,000uF custom capacitors, shortening the signal path and power supply line, and thickening the board pattern. The maximum output is 185W.

The stereophonic format supports Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and MPEG-4 AAC. It also supports virtual 3D surround technology Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual:X.

HDMI has 6 inputs and 2 outputs, of which 3 inputs and 2 outputs support 8K. 8K upscaling is also possible here, and the power supply capacity of the output terminal has been improved to 300mAh. It also supports game functions such as eARC and ALLM/VRR/QFT. HDR supports HDR10/Dolby Vision/HLG/HDR10+/Dynamic HDR.

It also supports voice operation with HEOS and Amazon Alexa, AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth transmission and reception. The external dimensions (with the antenna upright) are 434W x 237H x 341Dmm, and the weight is 9.5kg.

Edit: Same physical specs as AVR-X2700H as seen as the chart I have included here.
Maximum Dimensions
Antenna: Horizontal: (W x D x H) in Inches
Antenna: Vertical: (W x D x H) in Inches
W/O Antenna: (W x D x H) in Inches
17.1 x 13.4 x 6.6
17.1 x 13.4 x 9.3
17.1 x 13.0 x 6.6
Weight in LBS21

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
AVR-X580BT

AVR-X580BT is an entry model AV amplifier that supports 5.2ch output. Based on the concept of "enjoying surround sound to as many people as possible", it does not support stereophonic formats such as Dolby Atmos and does not have HEOS, which is the simplest AV amp on the other hand. Taking advantage of the basic design, it is said that it has been thoroughly elaborated on the sound side.

One of the things we did to improve the sound quality was "thorough minimum signal path", and by adopting a new multi-layer digital board and power amplifier board, we realized stable impedance by reducing wires and shortening them. In addition, we are trying to shorten the path by incorporating the optical terminal into the digital board.

The amplifier is equipped with a discrete power amplifier with independent configuration for all 5 channels. By monitoring the temperature change of the power transistor in the output stage in real time, the current limiter circuit is removed and the peak current is greatly enhanced. It made it possible to play.

The power supply section is also equipped with a custom-designed large EI core transformer, and power is supplied from dedicated windings to each of the pre/power. Improvements have been made such as using two dedicated large-capacity 6,800uF custom capacitors, shortening the signal path and power supply line, and thickening the board pattern. The maximum output is 140W.

Surround format supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD. HDMI has 4 inputs and 1 output, all of which support 8K. This unit is also capable of 8K upscaling, and the power supply capacity of the output terminal has been improved to 300mAh. In addition, it supports game functions such as eARC and ALLM / VRR / QFT, and HDR supports HDR10 / Dolby Vision / HLG / HDR10 + / Dynamic HDR.

It also supports Bluetooth reception. As mentioned above, since it is not equipped with HEOS, only this unit supports AAC codec in addition to SBC. The speaker terminals have also been upgraded, adopting the same screw type as the high-end model. The external dimensions are 434W x 151H x 330Dmm and the weight is 7.6kg.
17.1" × 13" × 6"
16.8 Lbs.

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Thank You Kentaro Yamazaki from AV Watch Japan

AVR-X3800H internal photo below
3800guts.jpg

AVR-X2800 internal photo below
2800guts.jpg

AVR-X580BT internal photo below

580guts.jpg

Last edited:
T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Official Product pages are now up on the Official Denon Japan site. Here are the links for the three new released products officially announced today. Be sure to have a look though the links below, as they contain the best Hi-Rez photos and extensive product details. Content will be added to these links later, as the product launch advances over the next several months.

E

EBN

Audioholic
Still no preout front L/R for X2800H! :mad: Even the slimline Marantz 5.2 have got it for years so it can`t be price related. Many wants to add dedicated stereo amp or use powered speakers so there is no cheap options other than the new slimline Marantz which now comes with 7.2 preouts first time ever. However it also has the bottom version Audussey MultEQ and higher pricing.

D

da Choge

Enthusiast
Gene - Nice Video; exciting stuff! I know I'm in a small minority, but I'm wondering if Marantz will still preserve the 7.1 audio inputs on their new higher-end models? I know Denon got rid of them for all last year's models, except for the older AVR-X8500H(A). I'm a multichannel music fan and would definitely make use of some of those 7.1 inputs (well, maybe not for the main fronts). It would be great if you have a chance to check out the availability of that Marantz feature when you go to CEDIA.

Also sounds like Marantz may have redesigned their HDAM modules, which is good news.

Last edited:
T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Gene - Nice Video; exciting stuff! I know I'm in a small minority, but I'm wondering if Marantz will still preserve the 7.1 audio inputs on their new higher-end models? I know Denon got rid of them for all last year's models, except for the older AVR-X8500H(A). I'm a multichannel music fan and would definitely make use of some of those 7.1 inputs (well, maybe not for the main fronts). It would be great if you have a chance to check out the availability of that Marantz feature when you go to CEDIA.

Also sounds like Marantz may have redesigned their HDAM modules, which is good news.
I see some new pics surfaced today.

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Pre-orders are up now!!!

V

voodoo486

Audiophyte
The 3800H has me more excited than I have been in a few years. I think any enthusiast sees the limitations of audyssy and with my 5.4.4 system the sub eq and integration was an extreme challenge using MSO, a miniDSP, and REW. It doesn't sound like it's confirmed yet but if it's true that the 3800H has full dirac bass management for 4 subs I'm super hyped!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Pre-orders are up now!!!
Being an insider, could you please contact your reliable source/contacts (so we don't have to listen to rumors) and find out more about whether the X3800H could eventually be upgraded to not just the basic Dirac Live but also the version that has at least the DLBC to take full advantage of the 4 independent subwoofer outputs? If not, I hope it would be the case for the higher models, and the Marantz AV preamp processors. Thank you in advance.

Bass Control - Dirac

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Well written. They missed a ton of specs. Good enough for today though. At least we have a bit more detail on the AVR-X4800H now, including pricing. This should help get us through until the 22nd.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well written. They missed a ton of specs. Good enough for today though. At least we have a bit more detail on the AVR-X4800H now, including pricing. This should help get us through until the 22nd.
Well, when they start "Known for their vivid, spacious sound, their rock-solid reliability" I'm not so sure.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, when they start "Known for their vivid, spacious sound, their rock-solid reliability" I'm not so sure.
What? You don’t believe their “rock-solid reliability“? :D

Or is there such an animal after they started putting more than 7CH of amps inside the chassis and included a million features?

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Interesting that they don't show a 6800 model. Is there going to be a 6800?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What? You don’t believe their “rock-solid reliability“? :D

Or is there such an animal after they started putting more than 7CH of amps inside the chassis and included a million features?
LOL well was thinking of your old flagship a bit, and my failed refurbs. I just think they're typical of consumer electronics generally, but that isn't quite rock solid reliability, is it? Also the vague claims to audible qualities aren't becoming of a reasonable mag....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis