2014 $1000 Two-Channel Stereo Recommended System

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene can you provide a link.

The Yamaha website does not list what you have stated. Neither does the manual.

R-S201 - Stereo Receivers - Hi-Fi Components - Audio & Visual - Products - Yamaha United States
I must be loosing it. I swear I went to that page today and it said 70wpc full bandwidth. Crud.

Looking at their 1kHz 10% Power rating of 100watts, that probably translates to about 75-80 watts full bandwidth unclipped. Wish they would rate per FTC for 2CH product :(

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I can't recommend mine as embarrasing as that it is. Its a 4 -5 year old model that even survived a basement flood. Slow as old get out in loading BluRyays but fairly quick with CDs
The S5100 2013 model, will beat up them older Sony models.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We upgraded the receiver to the meatier RS300 since it's only $279 and much more conservatively rated.

TechnoFile

TechnoFile

Audiophyte
Without even searching to find the cheapest prices:

Receiver: soon-to-be-released Denon AVR-S700W $450 Denon AVR-S700W 7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Apple AirPlay® at Crutchfield.com
Speakers: Klipsch KB-15 $250/pair http://www.bestbuy.com/site/klipsch-icon-5-1-4-2-way-bookshelf-speakers-pair/2138167.p?id=1218310759891&skuId=2138167
Subwoofer: Polk PSW110 $250 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/polk-audio-10-200w-powered-subwoofer-black/8826103.p?id=1207352528863&skuId=8826103

All media would be provided via ethernet/wifi as I have about 100 gigs of music currently on my PC. With a proper audio system I'd set up a network storage HD with FLAC and high bitrate MP3's. Receiver also supports HDMI 2.0 (4k 60fps + 1080P 3D) and 7.2 which would give me plenty of receiver to grow into for several years.

Last edited:
D

deniall83

Audiophyte
I just bought a $1000 system consisting of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers and a NAD D3020 amplifier. Thoughts on this pairing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I do play cds through my blu-ray player. It's sounds fine, but I use the buttons on the front face to operate it.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I just bought a $1000 system consisting of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers and a NAD D3020 amplifier. Thoughts on this pairing?
I think that will be pretty good. I think the NAD is slightly pricey for what it delivers, but if tabletop space is a concern, it looks like a good choice. I really like the Wharfedale Jade speakers.

D

deniall83

Audiophyte
I think that will be pretty good. I think the NAD is slightly pricey for what it delivers, but if tabletop space is a concern, it looks like a good choice. I really like the Wharfedale Jade speakers.
Thanks. I was worried about the power of the NAD and sensitivity of the Wharfedale's but it's only going in a small room so hopefully not too bad.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis