I guess the live feed was hoping for too much :eek:

Hope you guys are having a blast!
Cheers

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
That is quite a hood ornament...

Holy smokes how in the heck did Alex get a chauffeur. :eek:
I'm wondering how the guy is keeping Alex affixed to the handlebars of that bike. :confused: ... I wonder if it hurts...:eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I can't begin to tell you what great hosts Joe and RJ are!
Though it appears their wonderful wives were the backbones of the operation.:)

Since I've joined, every Audioholic & spouse that I've met has been a
person my wife and I could see being long time friends with.

Thanks to the Audioholics forum, and thanks to all responsible for the Great Northwest GTG!

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Most of the intended speakers made it to the event. Aperion's new Verus was there, but is not pictured - Ken took 'em home before I got the "Group Photo" (but I'll show some individual pix later).

Shown are Selah Audio's Verita, Salk's Ellis 1801, Tyler Acoustics Taylo, Usher's X718, and Ascend Sierra-1

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Our first session was done blind. I had to cover the projector screen with black cloth to keep the speakers from being outlined in front of it. Speaker cloth in front of the stage worked fine in the dimly lit room, even thought the flash from the camera catches the face of some of the speakers.

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
We really had a good time with this GTG. I have to echo Rickster71's sentiment - In three years of doing these NW events, both large and small, every attendee has been a joy to have around and get to know. Our group this year was limited in number, but certainly not limited in knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm. Last year's larger event (with about 50 people) was also a lot of fun, but this time it was a bit easier to engage in conversation for awhile and learn some things from and about our fellow audio enthusiasts.

Many thanks to the sponsors: The speaker manufacturers for offering up their products for our listening enjoyment, The Audioholics Store for providing lunch to all of us, and Audio by Van Alstine for the front-end electronics. Heartfelt thanks to Dennis Murphy for flying coast-to-coast, and providing his test equipment and expertise for the various measurement and switching portions of the event (including before/after effects of the "blind audition" screen - thanks again).

Special thanks to Tomorrow's better half, DJ. She was the official greeter, record-keeper, lunch hostess, clean-up committee president, and animal control officer. You are the best!

Lastly, our driving force for every NW event - Tomorrow (RJ). Organization must be his middle name (it's certainly not mine). Couldn't do these without his efforts. I'm sure he'll start posting as soon as he gets up this morning (it's only noon here).;) Great organizer, but not much for stamina.:D More to come...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Our first session was done blind. I had to cover the projector screen with black cloth to keep the speakers from being outlined in front of it. Speaker cloth in front of the stage worked fine in the dimly lit room, even thought the flash from the camera catches the face of some of the speakers.

Is that Rick or a duck with a bald spot?:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Were the Ascends the new Sierra-1 NrT's or the standard Sierra-1's?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I can't begin to tell you what great hosts Joe and RJ are!
Though it appears their wonderful wives were the backbones of the operation.:)

Since I've joined, every Audioholic & spouse that I've met has been a
person my wife and I could see being long time friends with.

Thanks to the Audioholics forum, and thanks to all responsible for the Great Northwest GTG!
You already are !! :D
glad you had a great time, I am jealous as usual ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
So much to say and do. So little time whilst catching up with my Honey-Do's. I'll try to get some stuff filed tomorrow. I'm still a little blinded trying to write in the dark all day.

Briefly though...we had a great day...which saved a bad start. We had the worst weather system of the year roll through during the event. It was pouring rain and hot. So Majorloser, you would have felt right at home. We had a medical emergency to deal with. And we had my wife running everything....:eek::eek:....so I'm feeling my well-earned age.

Everyone attending was absolutely super to meet...even Rick ;), who not only obtained the auditioning sweet spot, but once again walked away with the big door prize. (It was a great little device donated by Aperion...check THIS out (open the pod-bay door, HAL) ... http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/Aperion-Home-Audio-Linktrade-System,242,84,771.aspx

I can't thank the sponsors enough for their great support. We'll be talking a lot more about their gear in the next couple of days.

Stories?! We got stories! :D Plus, I think we all learned a lot from our auditioning yesterday. Meanwhile, front left - right - back, meet Mike, Ken, Dennis, Rick, Aaron, and Matt. Great meeting you, fellas. Good audio friends are hard to come by out here.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
There’s nothing like being 3,000 miles from home, staying at a beautiful hotel recommended by tomorrow.
Then my wife mentions she has stomach pain. Many hours in the ER, and an emergency surgery later, here we are.
We can’t say enough about the friendly and very competent docs and nurses in the hospital here.
Thanks to RJ, Joe, and their lovely wives, for their support and the great flowers!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Were the Ascends the new Sierra-1 NrT's or the standard Sierra-1's?
They were the standard model. Ascend waited until the last minute hoping that the parts would come in. But it was not to be. We were a little disappointed, but as I told David F., the Sierra-1's aren't exactly chopped liver. :)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Lastly, our driving force for every NW event - Tomorrow (RJ). Organization must be his middle name (it's certainly not mine). Couldn't do these without his efforts. I'm sure he'll start posting as soon as he gets up this morning (it's only noon here).;) Great organizer, but not much for stamina.:D More to come...
My wife wouldn't agree....at least with the "great organizer" part. :(;)

I'm waiting on some non-rainy weather to get photographs to be posted with each speaker pair's results. :p

Let's see. DJ is the brains of the operation. You're the brawn. What the hey am I? I know. The mascot. :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis