2007 Consumer Excellence Award Winners

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The consumer electronics industry is awash with an influx of new products. Each year it seems that every manufacturer is on a quest to outdo all others in a race to integrate more features and advanced technologies into their products. The prestigious Consumer Excellence (CE) Awards program recognizes the most advanced and forward-thinking products in crucial CE categories. Awards are given to products which serve consumers directly and also those products which serve to improve the business and success of the custom installer. The CE Awards is a clear benchmark award for the products which will make an impact in the coming year.

Discuss "2007 Consumer Excellence Awards" here. Read the article.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Speakers > Subwoofers

Company: Emotiva
Product: DRS-1 Dual 12" Subwoofers and Amp
MSRP: $399
www.emotiva.com

The DRS-1 is a high performance subwoofer system that consist of two 12" woofers each in sealed cabinets and one DSA-1 800 watt high-efficiency Class-D sub amplifier (completely DSP-controlled) with dual modes of operation and EMO-Q auto-room correction. This system offers a great deal of flexibility as well as enough displacement to fill any room with bass.

Just to let you know Emotive is selling these for $999, not $399 on there website. I like $399 better though:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just to let you know Emotive is selling these for $999, not $399 on there website. I like $399 better though:D
Good catch, Nick!

I like $399 better, too! I'd be giving them out as Christmas presents at that price. :)

R

Romulus

Junior Audioholic
I don't get it..

I hear ALOT of talk about how overpriced cables are, how cheap ones are the same thing, how expensive cables offer virtually no measurable advantage over another wire, etc.. yet a $1300 set of cables wins an award? :confused:

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I keep hearing everybody tear into Bose all the time...and yet they won an award too. What's up with that? They even beat out Yamaha's YSP 4000. I would like to know what some of the criteria was for these awards.

I'm an idiot. I am tired and misread. It's boston acoustics...not bose. Nevermind. I will shut up now.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
3254ur0wjej =ri-3if i!!!! Murphy!!!

Some of them toys are expensive. :eek::eek::eek: Gonna need me a sponsor to affford some of these things.. So whos' up for helping out? :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Gonna need me a sponsor to affford some of these things.. So whos' up for helping out? :D
How much cash you need, brother? We could come to some sort of arrangement, I'm sure. It might involve you being in a box for extended periods of time with an orange ball in your mouth...but you could bide the time in there thinking about your nice new cables. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
How much cash you need, brother? We could come to some sort of arrangement, I'm sure. It might involve you being in a box for extended periods of time with an orange ball in your mouth...but you could bide the time in there thinking about your nice new cables. :)
*LOL* Too funny!!
Anything but Bose!! Please, Not the Bose!!! :eek::eek:

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Nevermind about the bose. My bad. I don't know how I confused it but when I read bouston acoustics for the Lifestyle system for speakers...I automatically translated "Lifestyle" into the bose brand. Please ignore me now as I slink back into my hole. :eek:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
no worries

Nevermind about the bose. My bad. I don't know how I confused it but when I read bouston acoustics for the Lifestyle system for speakers...I automatically translated "Lifestyle" into the bose brand. Please ignore me now as I slink back into my hole. :eek:
I put Judy Garland in a post of top female vocals for 2005 :D in the musical goodness post because I was multitasking when I responded just like you did.

Just to clarify, those $1400 HDMI cables are active and are for a 20 meter (67 feet) run at Category 2 (3.4Gbps) speeds. That's taking the full spec of HDMI 1.3 into account, not just the 2.25Gbps 1080p/60@12-bit chipsets that are out right now. I'm hoping this technology comes down in price but how VizionWare is doing their HDMI transmission is actually pretty creative (enough to actually get them patented).

Also, this product is targeted to high-end customer installers. If we only awarded products based on them fitting into a low budget there would be very little room to acknowledge innovation which often comes at a price.

R

Romulus

Junior Audioholic
Just to clarify, those $1400 HDMI cables are active and are for a 20 meter (67 feet) run at Category 2 (3.4Gbps) speeds. That's taking the full spec of HDMI 1.3 into account, not just the 2.25Gbps 1080p/60@12-bit chipsets that are out right now. I'm hoping this technology comes down in price but how VizionWare is doing their HDMI transmission is actually pretty creative (enough to actually get them patented).

Also, this product is targeted to high-end customer installers. If we only awarded products based on them fitting into a low budget there would be very little room to acknowledge innovation which often comes at a price.
Ah, as long as there is a real world tangible difference, I can respect that. :) I was just slightly confused for a minute.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

active as in repeater stages built into the cable? :confused:

T

Tessa11

Audiophyte
Are the cables DPL rated? At least then we would be sure of their performance capabilites.

D

digital_dilemma

Audiophyte
According to Vizionware, they've submitted their cables to Jeff for testing.

vizionware.com/press/09072007.php

Also, I checked SimplayHD and the Vizionware cables are the only ones Simplay verified that are in excess of 5 meters

simplayhd.com/consumers/allprodbycat.aspx?id=4&cname=Cables

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis