2 HSU over 1 Rythmik

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Last check in before I make my decision. Would you think I would be better off going with 2 HSU ULS 15's over 1 Rythmik F15HP? This is for my audio/music room only. No HT. Currently running an Outlaw 12 and it is going back to the HT set up. Thanks

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Let's see... They both have similar specs, similar in size... Buy two for $1499 or one for $1282 (with no options). Yeah, I would go with the two Hsus.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Definitely two Hsu. The smoother response you get from a multi-sub system provides much higher quality bass sound.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Definitely two Hsu. The smoother response you get from a multi-sub system provides much higher quality bass sound.
Thank you.... Looks like that is pushing me to my original plan.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was looking at the F15HP when my Empire died but it was unavailable at the time. Also looked at the ULS15. Ended up with the SVS SB4000 (B-stock, $1100) and I am quite happy :) I am sure I would have been happy with the Rythmik or a couple of ULSs too.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Ok. Ok. Two it is. Anyone think that REL T7 would be better bs the HSU for music?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Ok. Ok. Two it is. Anyone think that REL T7 would be better bs the HSU for music?
Nope. No doubt the Hsu subs would produce a lot less distortion for music range frequencies. The Rel subs probably don't do badly in that band, but you are talking about an 8" sub vs a 15". The Hsu sub will have more than 3 times the cone surface area of the Rel sub. It also has three times the amplifier power. It probably outperforms the Rel in low frequencies as well, even though the Rel uses a passive radiator. These subs are not in the same league. The Rel for sure has a nicer finish, however.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those REL subs sure have been coming up a lot lately.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
That’s funny. I have to say, the REL’s are always in the back of my mind. But maybe it’s because I listen to all the marketing hype and reviews. Never heard or read someone that didn’t like either brand

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
That’s funny. I have to say, the REL’s are always in the back of my mind. But maybe it’s because I listen to all the marketing hype and reviews. Never heard or read someone that didn’t like either brand
I like REL very much and think they make a great product. The T series is not designed for HT - which is the main focus of AH, which is why they have so many detractors here. For music primary systems, they perform really well. :D

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I like REL very much and think they make a great product. The T series is not designed for HT - which is the main focus of AH, which is why they have so many detractors here. For music primary systems, they perform really well. :D
Yeah. And this is what the purchase is for. Music only. They won’t ever be used downstairs in my HT set up. That’s why the Outlaw is there. And it’s great too.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Ah - I remember now! Well, I really like my Hsu ULS-15 for music as that is about 80% of what I use it for (that it can plumb the depths with movies is only a plus!). I only have one in a 12x12 room that opens up on one side to my study and kitchen. It blends extremely well, is not localized and I have yet to push it anywhere near it's limits. It is very fast and tight for music and massive for movies - I cannot imagine needing two (but it would be fun!).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis