P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If I go with an AVR and use my ATI Amp, do I need a TV to set this up in my audio room? I do not currently have an extra TV/Monitor for this.
I use the Marantz AV8801 for my LS50/Rymthmik 2.1 so I have to do it without a monitor. It is a little painful to do but no big deal.

You really should get the App, then you can use your smart phone or pad.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
So if one were in the market looking for a new 2.1 preamp, is there anyone else making options in 2019 other than Parasound, Outlaw, and Emotiva. Just curious as I love this type of Pre in my 2.1 Audio only set up.
I’m sorry to cut in on this thread. But wouldn’t the Anthem STR preamp do the trick. I know it cost a lot. But I’ve been hearing that it has bass management for two channel music.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I ended up getting the Denon X3400 yesterday. It went down to 499 new. So. I can run it straight or use it as a pre with my ATI Amp. Should be fun setting it up!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I ended up getting the Denon X3400 yesterday. It went down to 499 new. So. I can run it straight or use it as a pre with my ATI Amp. Should be fun setting it up!
$500 for a brand new X3400 is incredible.

If you are fine with AVR (since they do sound as good as separates), that's probably the smartest way to go, instead of spending a lot more on separates like some of us. :D

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
They had been sitting at 599 for a while. Then I saw it drop and I hit the buy it now option..

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
They had been sitting at 599 for a while. Then I saw it drop and I hit the buy it now option..
That's a good deal if still comes with the 3 year warranty. Now spend the $20 of the $100 you saved on the Editor App so you can run it from the screen of you smart pad. I know you don't want to use Audyssey but you if should use it to set up the subwoofer, then you can select L/R bypass. Or you can try Audyssey reference, but limit the corrected frequency to 200 Hz or even lower.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Thanks. Now I will have to add a small TV to the system to set it up. Might as well keep it there. Maybe run mu OPPO through it.. Dang. Might just have to build a surround system in this room for my 5.1 Audio DVD disc.. Who knew one AVR could create a spending spree......

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis