18” down-firing EGG shaped sub build…

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Stairs? What stairs? I see no stairs here.....

It has to go out the garage door (because it won't fit through any of the interier doors), around to the side of the house, up the stairs to the deck, and then in through the kitchen. (The living room, dining room and kitchen are all one big 700 sqft room)

It should be about two weeks before it's ready to get moved.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Oh look! A field of subs.

Last edited:
T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
After trying just about every red stain known to man, I gave up and went to paint. Stain was nice in that it let me keep the rings, but it also kept all the patchiness that comes with staining the edges of MDF.
We still had trouble finding a paint color we liked. 3 times we picked out a color to have it end up looking nothing like the sample at the store. Eventually we found this textured color & paint. It is still not perfect and the spottiness is still there in the picture, but it’s hard to see in person. Besides, it’s the imperfections that make it a work of art. (That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it)
It does look kind of cool with all the gold sprinkles in the clear coat though. The picture doesn't do it justice. Once this dries, I’ll paint the base & legs black. Should come out nice.
Cool. That is eggsactly what I was expecting. :D ;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Ordered the EP4000 today. B&H Photo is having a sale. For $320 I get to buy a new one with a full warranty from a company I know & trust. Free freight, no tax.
I did find these as low as $299, but after adding frieght it was almost the same from companies only offering a 15 day return.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Has anyone seen Google's background for today? Eggs eggs eggs.....

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Well, this project has suffered another setback (or two). Nothing too bad, but it still delays the final rollout. (No pun intended)
After the paint dried, I had to roll it onto its side to paint the legs black. I didn’t want to scratch up my new paint job on the cement garage floor, so I decided to use the carpet scraps left over from when our house was built. The wife has them in front of the downstairs entrance for people to wipe their feet on. As I laid them down, I thought that she might get upset if I got black paint on them, so I flipped them over. After all, who would notice black paint on the underside of a scrap carpet? Too bad that it turns out that the underside of it has a very coarse nylon mesh. Paint job ruined! Start over….
I never did really find the color I wanted in a store. I had mixed two colors together to finally find something I liked. Mixing them together to find that same color a second time proved difficult. What I ended up with was slightly lighter and a little on the pink side of brown/red. But it was OK and I pushed on.
Last night, that paint was dry enough for the clear coat to go on. Wifey loved the look of the clear coat with the gold sparklies in it last time, so I went that way again. This time though, the sparklies didn’t go on even. Must have been because of me reusing the same paint roller as last time. So now, I’ll have to repaint again. Shoot me now SHOOT ME NOW!:mad:

On the bright side, the amp showed up. It’s a beast! It’s about half the size of my AVR but weighs about the same. Can’t wait to hear this thing, but wait is what I’ll do. Gotta stop at Lowes on the way home to pick up more red Mahogany and gold sparklies. (oh, and another roller)
:(

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Listen, I've been meaning to have a word with you about the lack of forward progress and now you tell me that you took 2 steps back? I don't know what you think this is mister but you better ... :p

... you gotta crack some eggs to make an omelet. :D

Sorry to hear about the setback. Take a deep breath and keep at it. What was the amp that you got? I just took a look at your sig and realized that you must have 2 projection systems. You're an AV glutton! Fine, I'm jealous. :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis