1080p projector Upgrade to 4K

P

PeterATi

Audiophyte
I have one Xgimi Horizon, but the picture quality didn't satisfy me, do you guys have any recommendations? I wanna change my Horizon to horizon pro(4K version). Any Screen suggestions BTW.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I have one Xgimi Horizon, but the picture quality didn't satisfy me, do you guys have any recommendations? I wanna change my Horizon to horizon pro(4K version). Any Screen suggestions BTW.
Check with @AcuDefTechGuy . If anyone would know it is him. His name is Thor! :D also he smashes high prices!
image.gif

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What were you feeding the XGimi as a source?
What about it didn't satisfy you?
4K isn't likely to be a huge improvement if you weren't happy, so you may want to consider a completely different path if you are really looking for great image quality.

An Epson 5040UB (refurb) may be a great way to go to get a killer image and stick within a specific budget.

P

PeterATi

Audiophyte
What were you feeding the XGimi as a source?
What about it didn't satisfy you?
4K isn't likely to be a huge improvement if you weren't happy, so you may want to consider a completely different path if you are really looking for great image quality.

An Epson 5040UB (refurb) may be a great way to go to get a killer image and stick within a specific budget.
It is a nice projector, works not bad for almost half a year. My apartment don't have much more space for bar speakers, so an all in one project is the best situation. I don't know how to describe the shortcoming of the picture quality, but I think it is the color accuracy not satisfy me.

I went though the 5040UB, it has amazing image quality, but it doesn't have speaker is a pity. Is Epson LS 300 a good choice?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
You're right in time for all the best sales of the year. As this is an audio forum, I don't think anyone wants you to be stuck listening to the projectors built in speaker. Maybe keep an eye out for a pair of JBL 305P speakers, they are an excellent value and are active, meaning they have built in amps. Just need a source and electricity.

P

PeterATi

Audiophyte
You're right in time for all the best sales of the year. As this is an audio forum, I don't think anyone wants you to be stuck listening to the projectors built in speaker. Maybe keep an eye out for a pair of JBL 305P speakers, they are an excellent value and are active, meaning they have built in amps. Just need a source and electricity.
[/引用]
Thank your for your advice, I will find a place for the JBL 305P speaker XD.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis