$1,500 5.1 Channel Expandable Recommended Home Theater System

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The Sierra Towers have more Dynamics and Detail then the 340's. Subtle details in recordings are clearer. The 340's in their price point offer an exceptional value vs. sound quality. Smooth highs and full mids well balanced bookshelfs.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
both better than the rsl cg3 setup?

what receiver can i go with thats budget?
The receiver that was posted from Costco that Yamaha 700 seems like the best bang for the buck receiver for $329 probably worth becoming a Costco member for I don't think anything quite competes with that until you get up to the $799 level and then you would get the Denon 3600

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
definitely better than the rsl cg3 setup?
Well I don't know about that. The RSL CG3 is nearly impossible to beat at it's price. I mean really is incredibly what you get in the CG3 line. I'm glad I went this direction. I am more and more surprised at the sound fun this line of speakers every single day.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
The only thing that would be a disadvantage for the op would be the analog input, it doesn't have those. For ex if you wanna connect your older VCR, he won't be able to do that, but aren't there analogue converters?

Last edited:
C

cruzer

Enthusiast
Well I don't know about that. The RSL CG3 is nearly impossible to beat at it's price. I mean really is incredibly what you get in the CG3 line. I'm glad I went this direction. I am more and more surprised at the sound fun this line of speakers every single day.

i like the idea of the fronts being towers so i dont have to buy anything for them to stand on and them having 8" downfiring of the ascend.

but something about the rsl they look really nice and already come with a sub thats also hard to beat

C

cruzer

Enthusiast
The Yamaha Rx-v6a is identical to the Yamaha TSR-700 at Costco, which is currently discounted online to $329.99. At that price point it appears to offer a lot of bang for the buck. I’ll post a review after I receive mine next week.
is it still marked down? i cant see the price without logging in and im guessing i cant log in without a membership. if i bought the membership and the price has gone up it would be a waste

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
is it still marked down? i cant see the price without logging in and im guessing i cant log in without a membership. if i bought the membership and the price has gone up it would be a waste
$70 manufacturer's savings is valid 11/23/20 through 12/27/20. While supplies last. Limit 5 per member. Sales may not have occurred at original price previously

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
i like the idea of the fronts being towers so i dont have to buy anything for them to stand on and them having 8" downfiring of the ascend.

but something about the rsl they look really nice and already come with a sub thats also hard to beat
I don't want to overly influence your decision but RSL speakers are hard to explain how great they are. I think most people would look at the size and price and dismiss them right off the bat but that would be a huge mistake because they are really, really excellent speakers. They look great definitely, they sound even better. I was one of those people on the past I would have dismissed RSL speakers just based on the price and then the size. Now I know, and not just with RSL but with others out there that you can spend a lot less money and get high end sound. I'm sticking with RSL speakers for a very, very long time. Plus the owner Joe is as honest a person I have ever gotten to know in this business. That dude is straight up down to Earth and honest. That goes a long, long way with me.

C

cruzer

Enthusiast
I don't want to overly influence your decision but RSL speakers are hard to explain how great they are. I think most people would look at the size and price and dismiss them right off the bat but that would be a huge mistake because they are really, really excellent speakers. They look great definitely, they sound even better. I was one of those people on the past I would have dismissed RSL speakers just based on the price and then the size. Now I know, and not just with RSL but with others out there that you can spend a lot less money and get high end sound. I'm sticking with RSL speakers for a very, very long time. Plus the owner Joe is as honest a person I have ever gotten to know in this business. That dude is straight up down to Earth and honest. That goes a long, long way with me.

can you help me with something else?

my current speakers are klipsch ksb 3.1, ksc-c1, ksw 100 subwoofer(some smaller speakers to complete the 7.1 from klipsch as well)
just so i get a better understanding of the level of my current speakers, would the cheap dayton mk442 speakers be an upgrade over my klipsch?
would the rsl's be twice as good as my current to justify the money?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

my current speakers are klipsch ksb 3.1, ksc-c1, ksw 100 subwoofer(some smaller speakers to complete the 7.1 from klipsch as well)
just so i get a better understanding of the level of my current speakers, would the cheap dayton mk442 speakers be an upgrade over my klipsch?
Good questions that I don't have the answer to, hopefully someone here will.
Klipsch are supposed to be very good speakers but I have never heard them. The high sensitivity/efficiency is intriguing though.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Yamaha TSR-700 7.1-Channel Network AV Receiver - $330 Costco limited deal

Two Ascend CMT340 - $558

Center 340C - $328

Surrounds CBM-170 - $334

Total = $1550 for 5 channel setup!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

The Speedwoofer or PB-2000 would be a definite upgrade over the Klipsch sub.

I can't answer about the Dayton or Klipsch center channels other than I think would be more of a lateral move.

I've never heard the RSL speakers but I can't and wouldn't believe that the Klipsch bookshelves would have better sound quality than the RSL or the Ascend Accoustics

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Two Ascend CMT340 - $558

Center 340C - $328

Surrounds CBM-170 - $334

This is already been recommended plus the 340s are on sale for less than you've posted pay attention

C

cruzer

Enthusiast

Two Ascend CMT340 - $558

Center 340C - $328

Surrounds CBM-170 - $334

with no sub?

C

cruzer

Enthusiast
i ordered the yamaha tsr-700. it has bad reviews on costco so i hope you guys are right
it will be a little bit before i can afford to replace the speakers but i like to plan ahead anyways.

i have no complaints about the klipsch i have, but im certainly not blown away

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis