1/2 year free trial on Tidal music subscription (new customers)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
oh well. I guess it was short lived.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok. Looks like my free trial expires tomorrow and I have exactly zero plans on renewing it.
For me $20/month or $240/year should represent a system with access to absolutely complete (or near it) music library in the world. Instead Tidal provides very limited music selection. Lot of biggest names are either missing or songs included only from various live or compilation albums.

I think Tidal service has very inadequate music discovery. I know automated song selection is never going to be perfect, even most advanced solutions like Pandora, is often wrong and suggests really out of genre music, but I'd like to see at least some version of it which allows some new music/artists discovery.
Sound quality is biggest selling point of Tital, yet I could never tell the difference between HiFi/Master and High. I'm not saying the difference is not there, It just I can't hear it.
For now I'll revert back to free iheartradio artist streaming or my local radio station finally really crap out, for now I have few choices, I might shell out for $10 Spotify. They have MUCH wider and more complete music selection.
Btw: I recently learned that Jay-Z owns Tidal service and he's not shy of using it to heavily push his own music. I mean you pay $20/month and you still bombarded with Ads for his albums.
Not cool.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had a 30 day trial going, stopped using it before it expired. The Jay-Z ads for 4:44 alone were enough reason. Too limited a selection, $10 spotify much better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis