William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just saw that a black woman, Lashana Lynch will be the new 007. Seriously, they couldn’t give her a different number? What. The. Actual. Fukk...
Can’t wait for Matthew McConaughey to play Malcom-X. Or Wonder Woman...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just saw that a black woman, Lashana Lynch will be the new 007. Seriously, they couldn’t give her a different number? What. The. Actual. Fukk...
Can’t wait for Matthew McConaughey to play Malcom-X. Or Wonder Woman...
Ha! I think that's awesome! I hope they still call her James!!! (In the spirit of maintaining the anonymity of the agent!) As to the number, agents come and go in the Double Aught spy world... many have died. I'm sure they don't retire their numbers like Elways jersey! :p

Though I still think it would have been RAD A.F. if Idris did it for a few!

But there's still one more coming with Daniel Craig, ya?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ha! I think that's awesome! I hope they still call her James!!! (In the spirit of maintaining the anonymity of the agent!) As to the number, agents come and go in the Double Aught spy world... many have died. I'm sure they don't retire their numbers like Elways jersey! :p

Though I still think it would have been RAD A.F. if Idris did it for a few!

But there's still one more coming with Daniel Craig, ya?
If Idris Elba was Bond, I’d love it! That would be badass. In my world, 007 belongs to James Bond, and not Jamie Bond(although I had a girlfriend I called James lol), an alpha male, who’s understated prowess was the whole point.
This is stupid to me. Just more hollyweird liberal wokeness agenda. Why can’t something just be what it is? Why another incarnation of something so “everyone gets a turn”. Like a participation medal at kids soccer, so no one gets offended. Wah wah...I want my mommy.
Fukk wokeness. People just need to be nice.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/
This might be the one you mean with DC?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
As long as she’s a badazz and they keep to the spirit, I’m down. Craig’s bond has been very enjoyable, going back to the hard @ss style of Connery. Though I liked Brosnon, too, he walked a bit more in the middle ground between Moore and Connery. Nothing wrong with Moore, just a little foofy in the long run.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As long as she’s a badazz and they keep to the spirit, I’m down. Craig’s bond has been very enjoyable, going back to the hard @ss style of Connery. Though I liked Brosnon, too, he walked a bit more in the middle ground between Moore and Connery. Nothing wrong with Moore, just a little foofy in the long run.
I like Craig’s Bond as well. Due to my age, Roger moore was my Bond for a long time, and I didn’t appreciate Sean Connery until I was a little older. For me Brosnan is ok, and is OK in most of his films but he was was so douchey in Remington Steele that’s all I can see sometimes when I watch him.
As far as bada$$ chicks go, I’ll take atomic blonde(in dts-x), or salt or red sparrow etc. But if there is one in the Bond franchise, why not 006, or 008?(or 8008 lol) or whatever.
Besides, I really think it’s less to do with expanding the franchise as it is about some stupid agenda.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Craig is OK but I think Clive Owen would have made a better 007.
My preferred actor over all was Sean Connery. The only exception was George Lazenby who represented the character closer to the description in Fleming's book, but unfortunately, I was told, he refused to continue performing after only one film "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Moore was pretty old in some of the movies but I liked his style. View to a Kill and Octopussy were some of the first ones I saw in the theater as a kid.

The Dalton ones were fun too.

I really enjoyed Goldeneye with Brosnan but yes Daniel Craig is a better Bond any day of the week.

I saw all the Sean Connery ones on VHS of course growing up. Although I did see Never Say Never in the theater.

As far as characters go, Jaws is my favorite. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Moore was pretty old in some of the movies but I liked his style. View to a Kill and Octopussy were some of the first ones I saw in the theater as a kid.

The Dalton ones were fun too.

I really enjoyed Goldeneye with Brosnan but yes Daniel Craig is a better Bond any day of the week.

I saw all the Sean Connery ones on VHS of course growing up. Although I did see Never Say Never in the theater.

As far as characters go, Jaws is my favorite. :)
I think moonraker might be the first one I saw. Lol! For characters, I might choose Peter Jackson’s King Kong(Andy serkis).

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Black doesn't bother me. In fact, I was kinda looking forward to Idris Elba. But a female James Bond? I don't think I'm ready for that. I saw Atomic Blonde and wasn't overwhelmed by it. Making her black wouldn't have changed my opinion.

Aside from the "woke" people who will probably flock to see it simply because of the black female thing, I think a lot of old time Bond fans will be turning away. They may, or may not, give it a try out of loyalty but that may be it for them.

I doubt it would be a black thing, though.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Black doesn't bother me. In fact, I was kinda looking forward to Idris Elba. But a female James Bond? I don't think I'm ready for that. I saw Atomic Blonde and wasn't overwhelmed by it. Making her black wouldn't have changed my opinion.

Aside from the "woke" people who will probably flock to see it simply because of the black female thing, I think a lot of old time Bond fans will be turning away. They may, or may not, give it a try out of loyalty but that may be it for them.

I doubt it would be a black thing, though.
She will be playing an agent with the 007 agent number, not James Bond. James Bond will still be played by Daniel Craig. Supposedly James Bond goes into retirement and his agent number is given to another agent, but he is forced out of retirement. Christopher Waltz will return as Blofeld, and Rami Malek will also be playing a heavy.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
They've said over the years that 007 is just a code name assigned to the agents so I guess the new agent being a black woman makes sense. However, we all know this is hollywoods attempt to make bond more woke and I'm pretty sure her role as bond will be short lived...Unless she's bad ass at it then people will forget that hollywood is a bunch of morons..at least for the length of a movie.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Jesus, you poor soul. What a crap introduction to a great character. Moonraker has to be the very worst Bond movie, and there have been some stinkers.
I don't know. I thought it was neat when I was a kid. As an adult, yeah, not so much.

I'd say the worst bond movie was the one where they were in an ice hotel and drove an invisible car. I was a bit older for that one and thought it was dumb as hell.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I would like to have seen Idris as Bond, but if they want to go with a woman, I'm not bothered. For those who think it's a token "woke" gesture, because Hollywood is filled with lefties, just remember - making movies is a profit-driven business, i.e. capitalist. If she doesn't make money for the studio, we likely won't see her again.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
She will be playing an agent with the 007 agent number, not James Bond. James Bond will still be played by Daniel Craig. Supposedly James Bond goes into retirement and his agent number is given to another agent, but he is forced out of retirement. Christopher Waltz will return as Blofeld, and Rami Malek will also be playing a heavy.
So, it's going to be a black, British Atomic Blond?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I would like to have seen Idris as Bond, but if they want to go with a woman, I'm not bothered. For those who think it's a token "woke" gesture, because Hollywood is filled with lefties, just remember - making movies is a profit-driven business, i.e. capitalist. [my bold] If she doesn't make money for the studio, we likely won't see her again.
This point is so seldom mentioned.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So, it's going to be a black, British Atomic Blond?
Black women aren't normally blondes. I am sure that James Bond will still be the film's protagonist. But if they decided to use this movie to launch a series about a new non-James Bond 007, that series will have to stand on its own. However, it would be a good opportunity to dump away all of the cliches and baggage that comes with James Bond and start out with something fresh.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
That's one possibility but I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that James/Jamie Bond has always been a well disguised woman living as a man.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis