“I’m A Real Audiophile”

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I want to friend of a friends party and I saw he had a Vizio sound bar. After a few drinks, I said wow that’s a nice sound bar you got there (just for sh*ts and giggles) & then he said to me, “ya ya, I’m a real audiophile!”

Then i bit my lip and I tried not to laugh :D:D:D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I want to friend of a friends party and I saw he had a Vizio sound bar. After a few drinks, I said wow that’s a nice sound bar you got there (just for sh*ts and giggles) & then he said to me, “ya ya, I’m a real audiophile!”

Then i bit my lip and I tried not to laugh :D:D:D
Was he joking?

Maybe that soundbar is somehow miraculously a really high fidelity system, and he is one of the first to discover that after many measurements and comparisons against proven systems. So many the joke is on you!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
So after a few drinks that sound "bar" started sounding like a $50,000 sound system you once heard......in a bar! :p

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Everyone knows the real audiophiles are people with Bose systems.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I know, I work with one. OMG.
Oh you poor person, don't let them pull you in an convert you a "Bose person".
I had carpenter come over and install my TV on the wall. He goes why do you have such big speakers? Ya know what you should do is get the little Bose speakers that I have, they sound fantastic. I had to bite my tongue as she had my new TV in his hands, literally.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I had carpenter come over and install my TV on the wall. He goes why do you have such big speakers? Ya know what you should do is get the little Bose speakers that I have, they sound fantastic. I had to bite my tongue as she had my new TV in his hands, literally.

but then, once they put your tv down, you slapped them, right?o_O

um... mentally slapped. real slap is wrong. am not advocating violence. just thought-crime. :p

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
but then, once they put your tv down, you slapped them, right?o_O

um... mentally slapped. real slap is wrong. am not advocating violence. just thought-crime. :p
No, I figure no point in arguing. Where does it ever get you.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord

Hang on a second, you called a carpenter to install a TV?
Also, why didn't you just give him a demo of your setup. The best way to deal with Bose users is in the pudding.

SheepStar

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Hang on a second, you called a carpenter to install a TV?
Also, why didn't you just give him a demo of your setup. The best way to deal with Bose users is in the pudding.

SheepStar
He is my friend's father in law who hangs TV's very cheap.
No I didn't give him a demo, I was just happy to get my TV on the wall.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General

He claims he's not a fanboy of Bose, but wait, all of his speakers are Bose, all his headphones are Bose, he has several Bose Wave radios. Then he claims that I'm missing out. No, he's not a fanboy, whatever gave you that idea? The Bose Religion. LOL

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Too bad you can't go back in a time machine and swap out the logos on all of your speakers to say "Bose".
You could tell him they are the special speakers Amar keeps in the back room and only sells to customers in his inner circle, and he uses the high profit margins off of the Sat/sub systems to fund the research and development (in accord with Bose ads) needed to develop these wonderful speakers.

I have to say I am a little tempted to put Bose labels on my speakers, just for the fun of it!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

So..... a carpenter thinks they know about audio? Most of the carpenters I know are either partially or almost completely deaf because they didn't use any hearing protection over decades of sawing, hammering and using other loud power tools. I'm working on a house with one and he basically shouts when he speaks, yet he said the little TV I was using in a large room 50' away was 'blaring'. I know of a builder who is profoundly deaf because he would put his head close to the wood he was cutting with a circular saw- that's stupid, for several reasons.

I have had people ask why I use ear plugs.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Too bad you can't go back in a time machine and swap out the logos on all of your speakers to say "Bose".
You could tell him they are the special speakers Amar keeps in the back room and only sells to customers in his inner circle, and he uses the high profit margins off of the Sat/sub systems to fund the research and development (in accord with Bose ads) needed to develop these wonderful speakers.

I have to say I am a little tempted to put Bose labels on my speakers, just for the fun of it!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-Chrome-coated-BOSE-Emblem-/262485738388

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis