Whats the deal with Axiom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
NEWSFLASH - It's just about the money with all (and I mean all) of these companies (whether they're into R&D or not). How else can they survive?!?

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just couldn't help it (as you can see, I registered just to post this). All I've done over the past several weeks is research 'expert'- and user-reviews of the best stereo speaker for the money. The VAST majority of the information on the internet easily concluded that Axiom was the choice. There isn't the 'hatred' out there for them as I've found here.

There you go
Did you do all your research on the axiom forum? lol.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought the thread title read 'what's the deal with Adam?"

Seemed like a legit question. :D

J

justsomedude

Audiophyte
Did you do all your research on the axiom forum? lol.
Well - nearly the opposite. I had never heard of them. One of the 'great value' reviews was indeed on Audioholics. I read it, and many others, before I even saw Axiom's website.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the thread title read 'what's the deal with Adam?"

Seemed like a legit question. :D
A question that apparently fancy degrees can't help answer.

Then again, maybe asking folks with engineering degrees is the wrong approach...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well - nearly the opposite. I had never heard of them. One of the 'great value' reviews was indeed on Audioholics. I read it, and many others, before I even saw Axiom's website.
So I guess the obvious question is: Have you read through the threads that criticize Axiom to see why they elicit that sort of response?

J

justsomedude

Audiophyte
So I guess the obvious question is: Have you read through the threads that criticize Axiom to see why they elicit that sort of response?
Oh yes - just recently. And I see the obvious connection. Let's just say that I did my complete Due Diligence, and I 'subscribe' to the Consumer Reports method of unbiased reviews (read, no advertising contracts whatsoever). All that said (and the last I'll say on the subject, as I really don't do forums - I'm just a 'get the facts and move' kinda guy), the data I've reviewed show that (most) Axiom stereo speakers are indeed an excellent value.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I have nothing against Axiom, but it really depends on how you define "value". If you like how they sound, then power to ya. However, if we're defining value as good cabinet construction, well made drivers and crossovers, and overall solid design based on physics to obtain an accurate reproduction of the source, then there are certainly much much better speakers out there for similar or less money.

Oh yes - just recently. And I see the obvious connection. Let's just say that I did my complete Due Diligence, and I 'subscribe' to the Consumer Reports method of unbiased reviews (read, no advertising contracts whatsoever). All that said (and the last I'll say on the subject, as I really don't do forums - I'm just a 'get the facts and move' kinda guy), the data I've reviewed show that (most) Axiom stereo speakers are indeed an excellent value.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I recently used poor judgement uploading an Axiom V4 Loudspeaker Preview in this old thread so I have moved that to a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis