Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm guessing distortion would give the edge to the JL, but who knows.

Red is JL, Orange is SDX10 in the box I built.

Hmm ... still stuff going on at 30Hz. For me that's kind of good enough. Dr. Carter's ported alignment for the JL would probably be perfect if it wasn't for the cost and all the work. The Bash 500 amps have some sort of PEQ going on too. It always comes down to time and money. The real problem with that JL build would be the port. It adds so much displacement that now you're back into a big box ... not to mention build complexity.

Anyway I meant to ask what the Vb was for those two sealed subs you modeled. Can that 10" actually handle 500 watts?

Edit: Looked it up and it'll take 250 watts. Hmmm.

Double Edit: A PR thrown into the mix ... mmmm ... more money. :D

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hmm ... still stuff going on at 30Hz. For me that's kind of good enough. Dr. Carter's ported alignment for the JL would probably be perfect if it wasn't for the cost and all the work. The Bash 500 amps have some sort of PEQ going on too. It always comes down to time and money. The real problem with that JL build would be the port. It adds so much displacement that now you're back into a big box ... not to mention build complexity.

Anyway I meant to ask what the Vb was for those two sealed subs you modeled. Can that 10" actually handle 500 watts? Edit: Looked it up and it'll take 250 watts. Hmmm.
I have no doubt Dr. Marks would be better for the JL driver performance wise, and you're right, it's double the size and ported is always a bit more complex.

I don't remember exactly what Vb was/is, but it's less than a cubic foot even before the driver is in. In terms of xmax, it'll take 800+ watts before it reaches xmax in this box, but in terms of thermal power handling and distortion, it would probably max out at 4-600 watts. Kind of a large range, but I haven't really pushed it so I'm not sure. I'll have to do a bit more testing when I'm done with the finishing.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oh SH!T!:eek: I need that sub for my Desktop setup. Dang looks great!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis