First pic of the new room

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
In the first pic, the property line is about 40-50yds out, somewhere past the farther, big tree toward the center. In the other pic, that's looking toward the back of the property. It goes back as far as you can see in the pic, up and over the hill.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Afterlife was asking about the setup of my surrounds. Here's a pic or two.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmmmm..... for some reason I don't see a pic of the new setup either? Weird. This one is older (still has the 8300), but more or less how it looks now, give or take a few things :)

WHen I first moved. I think I posted these in the boring thread LOL

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nice. Have told you I love that cabinet! :D How about a whole pic of the couch and surrounds?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I was wondering why...I don't care lets see the cookie crumbs.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
OK already :D

I was trying to get rid of that desk and it sort of ended up becoming the speaker modding/building, "laptops go here" spot.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Redid the cables for the mains with some new Knu Konceptz BFAs and cable pants.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, all I can say is WOW. These little guys are no joke. I already think I am going to have a hard time going back to my A/V-2s after listening to these and that's uncalibrated and without the poly-fill added. The lower sensitivity is very noticeable, but they just sound amazing right out of the box. Threw in Patricia Barber Cafe Blue SACD and currently listening to another SACD of hers, Companion. 2ch, full range.

Velvet sleeves; nice touch.

Love that raked trapezoidal shape

Dust took only seconds to find them :(

They included the proper special connectors but they are solder type and I just wanted to listen :D My BFAs were able to fit in them. Will likely order some new wire and build a set just for these guys.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Great looking speakers, absolutely beautiful.

Are they tilted for time/phase alignment or cosmetic?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't ask Danny about that, because his N-series are flat front, but I'd guess time alignment might have been a factor. It might also just be because they need a little angle to them because the tweeters throw such a huge, three dimensional stage. I have to shoot him an email anyway because I'm not sure if they were supposed to have grilles too or not.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What beauties. You can always use the covers when not it use to keep the dust away. Congrats and enjoy them to the fullest!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well Danny said they were supposed to come with the grilles, so hopefully that means they will get sent to me :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Those are really sharp. I would not want to cover them up (although I would not turn down grills if they are supposed to come with them). Are the ribbon tweeters like that delicate? They must be magnetic as I don't see any holes in the front.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Those are really sharp. I would not want to cover them up (although I would not turn down grills if they are supposed to come with them). Are the ribbon tweeters like that delicate? They must be magnetic as I don't see any holes in the front.
The tweeters are the best part IMO. They are sublime - TONS of detail without being harsh - almost sound like a soft dome.

Yes, the grilles are supposed to be magnetic like my other ones.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Well, all I can say is WOW. These little guys are no joke. I already think I am going to have a hard time going back to my A/V-2s after listening to these and that's uncalibrated and without the poly-fill added. The lower sensitivity is very noticeable, but they just sound amazing right out of the box. Threw in Patricia Barber Cafe Blue SACD and currently listening to another SACD of hers, Companion. 2ch, full range.

Velvet sleeves; nice touch.

Love that raked trapezoidal shape

Dust took only seconds to find them :(

They included the proper special connectors but they are solder type and I just wanted to listen :D My BFAs were able to fit in them. Will likely order some new wire and build a set just for these guys.
J what did these cost , Link?

edit, sorry used google, seems they are a little more than the pilharmonitors, did you ever hear the phils? if so compare? I am in the market for some piano bookshelfs, the only reason I havent gone phil is because of the finish..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis