Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
You'd have to hear it to believe it; it's like a veil has been lifted and instead of the Brian Johnson we all know and love singing, it's like an angel from heaven.... :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Btw, I just learned that using the ampersand symbol (at least in a fake curse word :D) adds in the word a*mp and auto links to it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats on the Outlaw. Wicked nice. Finally some pics of the speakers without grill, now I'm happy. Is that a Onkyo or Pioneer receiver?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Congrats on the Outlaw. Wicked nice. Finally some pics of the speakers without grill, now I'm happy. Is that a Onkyo or Pioneer receiver?
Thanks! Receiver is the Onkyo 707, which gets the job done.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My eyes failed me for a second. Thought you said bathroom setup. Zoinks. Congrats they look classy.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I re-looked at your setup. Do you have a fan in the back to keep the components cool?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I re-looked at your setup. Do you have a fan in the back to keep the components cool?
I've got a pair of silent 120mm fans on top of the receiver and a single 120mm on top of the amp to help with airflow. The doors of the cabinet are perforated metal and there's also a big strip of perforated metal at the top rear of the cabinet to allow for venting. All said and done, nothing gets much more than slightly warm to the touch.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Phew! Didn't want those beauties in heat.:D I use a fan too, but I might not need it since I have like 10" of space above. I'm also very precocious, so...
Looking forward to to pics of your new babies.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Looks great Steve. Nice clean little bedroom setup, very nice. :D
Thanks! My future plans include attaching an Apple Airport Express to stream music (may ditch the Samsung player at that point, but we'll see) and possibly adding a sub to fill in the low end, though the Q100s do fairly well on their own in my space. Actually, I might do a little DIY dabbling and repurpose the woofers in the old bookshelves to a sub/bass module (Adire Extremis 6.8s). Never ends....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks! My future plans include attaching an Apple Airport Express to stream music (may ditch the Samsung player at that point, but we'll see) and possibly adding a sub to fill in the low end, though the Q100s do fairly well on their own in my space. Actually, I might do a little DIY dabbling and repurpose the woofers in the old bookshelves to a sub/bass module (Adire Extremis 6.8s). Never ends....
What fun would it be if it ended :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
What fun would it be if it ended :D
Well I could just sit back and enjoy what I have... But instead, I've got a "little" project arranged to turn the Q100s into "poor man's" R300s with a bit of assistance(OK he's doing it all...) from a guy I know of in Bethesda, MD :D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Well I could just sit back and enjoy what I have... But instead, I've got a "little" project arranged to turn the Q100s into "poor man's" R300s with a bit of assistance(OK he's doing it all...) from a guy I know of in Bethesda, MD :D
Are his initials Dennis Murphy?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis