Pioneer VSX - 522 subwoofer problem

C

Caspaah

Audiophyte
I have a pioneer VSX - 522 receiver hooked up to my tv
The general speakers work perfectly fine but the sub is not working, it shows power light on and everything but no bass comes out of it,
Could someone please explain how it needs to be set up properly,

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi and welcome! I assume you have plugged the sub out on your pioneer to your sub? Which sub do you have? Model number. Did you do the mic setup (MCACC)? Take a look/read at these and feel free to ask questions.

Sub setup
http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/article_560.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

If you want to run bass through the sub for some or all of your speakers, then you'll need to set those speakers to "Small" in the setup menu. I'm a big fan of MCACC, but it has always set my bookshelf speakers to "Large" when I run the setup with the mic. I just go in and set them to "Small" and set the crossover frequency to where I want it.

C

Caspaah

Audiophyte
I have the pioneer S - RS3SW subwoofer it has Been plugged into the VSX - 522 through the sub port
I have done all of that
How do I set the speakers to small?
These are the settings on the sub box
Crossover: 100Hz
Bypass: off
Phase: 0
Line level: output
What is the function the receiver needs to be on?

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I have a pioneer VSX - 522 receiver hooked up to my tv
The general speakers work perfectly fine but the sub is not working, it shows power light on and everything but no bass comes out of it,
Could someone please explain how it needs to be set up properly,
Maybe the crossover is set at the lowest setting, and what you are listening to does not have much audio information that low. Peace and goodwill.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I have the pioneer S - RS3SW subwoofer it has Been plugged into the VSX - 522 through the sub port
I have done all of that
How do I set the speakers to small?
These are the settings on the sub box
Crossover: 100Hz
Bypass: off
Phase: 0
Line level: output
What is the function the receiver needs to be on?
Sounds like you haven't run MCACC yet. The procedure is in the manual. It provides an opportunity to set speakers to small among other things.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis