Audioholics 2012 GTG Show Report

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Every year there are a number of different trade shows for manufacturers to show off their products, but most of the time these events are impersonal and rushed. With the Audioholics GTG, we wanted to create an event that allowed Audioholics staff, vendors, and attendees a more intimate environment that encouraged quality interaction. We created a friendly, no-pressure atmosphere for everyone to listen, talk, and maybe even buy. This goal was part of our larger mission of being able to give something back to the AV community. That's why we didn't charge any registration fees, served a home cooked meal, and held it at a small venue. We also had a private party the night before the event for staff and vendors. And I mean party, including a DJ, dance floor, bellydancer, and full coarse meal, to set a relaxed and friendly pace. Overall, the event was a huge success. Attendance was well above expectations and we had a great time meeting and talking with everyone. We are excited to expand the event for the Audioholics 2013 Annual Get Together at a destination Florida beach location.

Discuss "Audioholics 2012 GTG Show Report" here. Read the article.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Thanks for the show report - a great read. One correction, though: Salk didn't bring the HT2-TL's: they were the Super-Charged SongTower's, which use a smaller version of the W18 woofer in the HT2-TL's (the Seas Excel W15).

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Yes, bigger is better BUT please try not to make it too big then it might become unmanageable. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yes, bigger is better BUT please try not to make it too big then it might become unmanageable. :)
Agreed. I don't want to lose that intimate feeling the show had. Next year our goal is to have between 8-10 demo rooms and double the attendance across 2 days.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Agreed. I don't want to lose that intimate feeling the show had. Next year our goal is to have between 8-10 demo rooms and double the attendance across 2 days and have it in New York.
I added a bit extra for you.:D

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
This can't possibly be an audio show. Where are the $5,000 tone arms? Active speaker cables with sealed network boxes? And, I don't see any gold plated resonators or platinum filled wave de-mystifiers.

Good job bringing quality gear for many different budgets and not letting any voodoo through the door.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
I'd REALLY like to go to one of these. Just please have one within 2,000 miles of me.

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
Those who did not go missed a great opportunity to meet your fellow forum members. Also missed some nice equipment. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This can't possibly be an audio show. Where are the $5,000 tone arms? Active speaker cables with sealed network boxes? And, I don't see any gold plated resonators or platinum filled wave de-mystifiers.

Good job bringing quality gear for many different budgets and not letting any voodoo through the door.
I did see several pieces of equipment with tubes, some fancy interconnects, Speaker and POWER Cables - Close enough :D;)

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
I did see several pieces of equipment with tubes, some fancy interconnects, Speaker and POWER Cables - Close enough :D;)
Yes, I noticed the tubes too, but at least tubes do something.

J

Joe@Definitive

Manufacturer
Your audioholics show

Hey Gene, that's a really good show wrap-up report. I hope we can participate in some way next year. Best, Joe

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hey Gene, that's a really good show wrap-up report. I hope we can participate in some way next year. Best, Joe
Thanks Joe, we certainly hope Definitive will be a part of our show next year as well.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Just spoke to Doug at Legacy Audio. He said that the Audioholics 2013 GTG Show has been cancelled. Is this true? He also said Legacy would have loved to have done the show because of the respect they have for the people at Audioholics.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Just spoke to Doug at Legacy Audio. He said that the Audioholics 2013 GTG Show has been cancelled. Is this true? He also said Legacy would have loved to have done the show because of the respect they have for the people at Audioholics.
The show we had planned for this year was at a very upscale location and many of the sponsors weren't ready to commit in time making it a financially risky proposition for us so we decided to cancel for this year. We will be doing another show next year at a more economical place and look forward towards Legacy's participation.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Gene, you could just give tours of your house. :D Heck, I might even fly out if I could listen to your system. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene, you could just give tours of your house. :D Heck, I might even fly out if I could listen to your system. :)
Not sure the wife would approve but I can handle an occasional visitor if they bring some good booze :)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
The show we had planned for this year was at a very upscale location and many of the sponsors weren't ready to commit in time making it a financially risky proposition for us so we decided to cancel for this year. We will be doing another show next year at a more economical place and look forward towards Legacy's participation.
Gives me more time to plan for next year. I will definitely bring you some good booze.

Bell's Beer :: Brands :: Oberon Ale

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis