Status Acoustics Titus 8T Floorstanding Speaker System Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This is the law of diminishing returns gone wild.
So I take it you heard these speakers personally to make that judgement? Granted they are expensive, but I've never heard any other tower speaker producing the level of realism, depth and dynamics of this system and I've heard speakers costing $79/pr all the way to 100k+/pr.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Even the TAD R1? :D
TAD makes great sounding speakers. I have heard many of them but not the R1 models. I doubt the R1's have the bass capabilities of the Status speakers since the 8T's have an extra 10" driver and a huge box volume. It's a different animal but it doesn't make the TAD any less relevant as a top notch high end speaker.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I can't fit bigger speakers up my flight of steps so this is my final upgrade ;)
Then you're not a real audioholic :p

A real audioholic would just take out a wall, insert the speakers and rebuild the room around the new speakers. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Then you're not a real audioholic :p

A real audioholic would just take out a wall, insert the speakers and rebuild the room around the new speakers. :D
Funny my brother-in-law and I were just discussing this weekend if I ever had to move, it would probably be easier to remove a wall and get a crane in here to move the 8Ts out of the house then to try to bring them downstairs. Wish I could install an elevator but damn that's too big of an expense. I will just settle on 8T's for the rest of my life ;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Funny my brother-in-law and I were just discussing this weekend if I ever had to move, it would probably be easier to remove a wall and get a crane in here to move the 8Ts out of the house then to try to bring them downstairs. Wish I could install an elevator but damn that's too big of an expense. I will just settle on 8T's for the rest of my life ;)
Well I guess if you haaaaaad to stay with them forever, they would be acceptable :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm starting to think that I got this cashier's check for nothing...

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
So I take it you heard these speakers personally to make that judgement? Granted they are expensive, but I've never heard any other tower speaker producing the level of realism, depth and dynamics of this system and I've heard speakers costing $79/pr all the way to 100k+/pr.
No, I haven't heard them. I was just making a comment about value. I don't doubt they are spectacular. I also don't doubt that speakers that cost 1/4 the amount aren't almost as spectacular. The law of dimishing returns in audio is pretty straightforward in my experience. Obviously that isn't something you don't already know. Glad you found something that is satisfying.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
No, I haven't heard them. I was just making a comment about value. I don't doubt they are spectacular. I also don't doubt that speakers that cost 1/4 the amount aren't almost as spectacular. The law of dimishing returns in audio is pretty straightforward in my experience. Obviously that isn't something you don't already know. Glad you found something that is satisfying.
How do you know that the 8T's are not lightyears ahead of speakers costing 1/4 of their price? or is it just your imagination going wild?

Interesting how it's possible to have such a clear and precise understanding of a speaker and the value of a speaker without even ever having seen or been close to the product :p

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Interesting how it's possible to have such a clear and precise understanding of a speaker and the value of a speaker without even ever having seen or been close to the product :p
Kinda like 90% of the people making comments about audio.. Have never seen or hear the equipment they are commenting on......

Gene good luck with those speakers, but since your still a young guy, but when the old knees, hip and the back start giving out as you age you will be changing listening locations since upstairs will be your downfall. So you had better get them moved downstairs while you can , just in case... , oh ps: when you get further into those golden years I see those as some awesome karaoke speakers :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Well the closest speaker I've heard to these are the RBH T30s that sell for about 20k/pair. But, the Status version really is superior in bass output and how it integrates bass in the room. I am using NO EQ with these speakers and very min EQ on my external 2 powered subs to get uniform response for all listening seats. Haven't been able to achieve that with any other speaker I've had up here.

I also prefer the single tweeter design of the 8T as I no longer experience the slight tonal shifts in the front row when moving left to right, up to down like I was with the T30s. My room requires a speaker with very uniform polars since my left/right walls are not symmetric.

But, I agree you can get some great sound for less money, similar to how a Corvette has great performance compared to a Ferrari, but...it's still not a Ferrari ;)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Kinda like 90% of the people making comments about audio.. Have never seen or hear the equipment they are commenting on......

Gene good luck with those speakers, but since your still a young guy, but when the old knees, hip and the back start giving out as you age you will be changing listening locations since upstairs will be your downfall. So you had better get them moved downstairs while you can , just in case... , oh ps: when you get further into those golden years I see those as some awesome karaoke speakers :D
I'm fairly young but already have severe back issues thanks to years of bodybuilding and lifting heavy audio gear. I don't have to move these speakers, I have audio around the house to listen in any room ;)

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I made no comments about the speakers. I made a comment about diminishing returns. I apologize for having said it.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I auditioned some systems containing 50k+ speakers and in these cases..... no chance of diminishing returns.... The Adyton linesource speakers witn Burmester S8 subs or Adyton subs are so incredibly good it's just shocking and unbelievable..... Diminishing returns is just not there...... we're talking quantum leaps !!

Gene's a luck guy having these speakers and I for sure envy him :p

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I believe you can't really hear power compression in speakers until you really heard some speakers that does not have any compression......

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I believe you can't really hear power compression in speakers until you really heard some speakers that does not have any compression......
Or you are comparing the reproduced sound to a live recording you made in your own home.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Or you are comparing the reproduced sound to a live recording you made in your own home.
I can relate it to a concert in Brams sahil in Musikverein in Vienna with the Vienna Mozart orchestra (this is where they have new year concerts)

It's safe to say that any audio system I ever heard is nothing close to this, so that's a good reference.... That's where you should ho guys :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis