Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Somehow I think I could find a way to manage :p
It's $60k (before the tax credit - if you qualify) for the lowest end one, with no options and no access to Tesla's network of chargers. That's a LOT of coin for car (IMO), and I could get a pretty sweet ride for that.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
No doubt; but think of the hippie chicks you could pick up rolling in even the entry level Model S!
Man, that's why I drive a hybrid. Part hippie, part mainstream...i.e., hippy chicks that shave their pits.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that it just occurred to me that people born blind never know what they look like.

Hey, I never said that I was very bright.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Realized today that with the last update to REW, I now have the ability to fire out CEDIA burst tones. I also got my subwoofer back after about a month. Something tells me these two things go together somehow :D

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Realized today that with the last update to REW, I now have the ability to fire out CEDIA burst tones. I also got my subwoofer back after about a month. Something tells me these two things go together somehow :D
Did you find it difficult to learn proper measurement techniques?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
If doctors ever start offering genetic tailoring for children, I have a suggestion - add a mute button.
My daughter found her own mute button Saturday morning.
I was making pancakes while she was in the living room playing. She came into the kitchen and walked up to me. It looked like she was trying to cry but couldn't. I asked her what was wrong but she didn't make a sound. She lifted her head and pointed to her neck. She had managed to wrap her 'Hello-Kitty' purse around her neck and had twisted it tight. By now, her face was starting to turn red.
After I dropped the spatula on the floor, I got Kitty off of her neck. Then she just said, "Thanks Daddy" and tried to run off to play. I had to stop her to do the whole parenting thing of how dangerous putting things around her neck can be. She just kind of gave me a few, 'yes daddies' and ran off. I kept the purse though. Too bad it doesn't match my green shirt.
It was a good thing she came to me for help. If she hadn't, I may not have noticed until it was too late.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
That must have been scary! I'm glad that she's alright.
It was, and thank you. It became more scary as we had a chance to think about it. If she had just stayed in the living room, we may not have noticed in time to help her. Thank God (or who ever gets thanks for these kinds of things) that she came to me for help instead of passing out in the living room. She'd be out of our lives forever, and we'd still be explaining ourselves to the police and media.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I was making pancakes while she was in the living room playing. She came into the kitchen and walked up to me. It looked like she was trying to cry but couldn't. I asked her what was wrong but she didn't make a sound. She lifted her head and pointed to her neck. She had managed to wrap her 'Hello-Kitty' purse around her neck and had twisted it tight. By now, her face was starting to turn red.
After I dropped the spatula on the floor, I got Kitty off of her neck. Then she just said, "Thanks Daddy" and tried to run off to play. I had to stop her to do the whole parenting thing of how dangerous putting things around her neck can be. She just kind of gave me a few, 'yes daddies' and ran off. I kept the purse though. Too bad it doesn't match my green shirt.
It was a good thing she came to me for help. If she hadn't, I may not have noticed until it was too late.

Hey gmike, glad to hear that a frightening situation averted.:eek:
I'll bet she was trying to copy other women or Mom that have shoulder straps on their bags.....or Adam and Doug, for that matter. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Hey gmike, glad to hear that a frightening situation averted.:eek:
I'll bet she was trying to copy other women or Mom that have shoulder straps on their bags.....or Adam and Doug, for that matter. :D
Thanks. Yeah, that bag does match most of their outfits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm glad that she's alright.
Me too; I can't imagine how I'd feel if that were my son. I feel bad enough when he wipes out running around the house.

On a lighter note: my dog despises canned air, and my son loves a quick blast in his hair. Win - Win.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Glad things are alright GMike.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Did you find it difficult to learn proper measurement techniques?
Well I guess there's no guarantee I'm doing them right as it is :D. I mostly asked Dennis, Nuance and a few others what I should be doing, adapted their directions to the equipment I have and got stuff that looked like I should be pretty close. I figured I must be doing something right when I showed Dennis the measurements of my Phil's I took and he said they look pretty close to what he took of them. I still have to learn how to do a proper CEDIA test and I don't really want to spend $67 on the paper, but at least I've got the the tones.

On an unrelated note, a little spring cleaning plus making some adjustments to the entertainment stand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis