Monoprice Pro Monitor ?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
For only $161.05 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 5-inch Powered Studio Monitor Speakers (pair)

Something I stumbled upon today looking for some cable at Monoprice is Pro monitors... I don't know about these other that published specs which could be more detailed. No reviews
Price is compelling at $165/pair + shipping, but compared to B1030A (now at $99/ea - Amazon.com: Behringer Truth B1030a High-Resolution, Active 2-Way Reference Studio Monitor (Single Speaker): Musical Instruments) normally amazon have them for $115/ea - both have free shipping)

Doesn't sound like such amazing deal after all...

I would to know how these compare.... Oh well...

Any opinions?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Interesting. I would like to see some measurements from them. The weight doesn't bode well though, you would think a active 5" woofer monitor would weigh more. It isn't exactly over-powered either. It looks more like the M-audio monitor designs than the Behringer. I would go with the Behringer, before I would give the monoprice a try, but I would still be interested in seeing some measurements to see if monoprice made a worthwhile speaker.

Another thing is, why do monitors make a point of shielding anymore? How many people are still using CRT Monitors?

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting. I would like to see some measurements from them. The weight doesn't bode well though, you would think a active 5" woofer monitor would weigh more. It isn't exactly over-powered either. It looks more like the M-audio monitor designs than the Behringer. I would go with the Behringer, before I would give the monoprice a try, but I would still be interested in seeing some measurements to see if monoprice made a worthwhile speaker.

Another thing is, why do monitors make a point of shielding anymore? How many people are still using CRT Monitors?
Just a theory. Magnets and computers (HDD) don't play nice together and most modern studios do the editing on computer work stations.

Probably unlikely that the computer would be near the monitors, so just a theory.

Maybe it's just "always been that way"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis