Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Greg, I'm still right around -32 lbs. I was down to -37 but I had a couple of weeks off work and since I got back to work I haven't really been following my diet. I sneak in healthy meals here and there but portion control has taken a bit of a hit and desserts are back on the menu. In a nut shell I'm around 250 lbs.

If I actually exercised ... I'd be better off for it. Somehow the time isn't there.
A couple of days ago I was only at -22 lbs. That's 15 lbs put back on from my best number. Other than knowing what I was doing wrong, I've been off the diet for a good 6 months because of work really. It's game on again. I started doing the right thing a couple of days ago trying to get my system adjusted to eating right before work kicks back in tomorrow. Tuna, turkey and egg whites here we go !!! :rolleyes: :D

The good thing is that I already know how. I have a fancy food scale. I know I'm not going to die if I stop eating before I am full. Eating within an hour of waking is doable after just one cup of coffee.

Oh yeah, I need to order the coffee maker Swerd recommended.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I know I'm not going to die if I stop eating before I am full.
That would be my number one problem. Sure, I could stop at two or three slices of pizza and be satisfied, but I'm not "full" if I haven't eaten six slices and start complaining about a stomach ache.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That would be my number one problem. Sure, I could stop at two or three slices of pizza and be satisfied, but I'm not "full" if I haven't eaten six slices and start complaining about a stomach ache.
Full actually catches up to you in about 20 minutes. It's easier to stop eating if you don't allow yourself to get hungry before you start eating and then it's even easier to stop eating if you're not eating pizza. What kind of diet has pizza? This isn't a fantasy diet where your fat @ss eats everything and you still lose weight. This is the 'you're gonna suffer' diet. F^%&! :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Full actually catches up to you in about 20 minutes.
Full catches up with me about the time I toss the dead boxes in the recycling bin. It's not really that I have a problem feeling "not hungry" or even "satisfied". I just make the choice to keep on going :D

What kind of diet has pizza?
I can exercise enough that it isn't a problem to have pizza once in a while; the problem lately is that I haven't been doing so...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
A couple of days ago I was only at -22 lbs. That's 15 lbs put back on from my best number. Other than knowing what I was doing wrong, I've been off the diet for a good 6 months because of work really. It's game on again. I started doing the right thing a couple of days ago trying to get my system adjusted to eating right before work kicks back in tomorrow. Tuna, turkey and egg whites here we go !!! :rolleyes: :D
Eat them yolks! Don't forget the bacon either. Bacon is actually low calorie. ;)

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Ya, but processed pork is horrible for you, and one of the filthiest of all the meats from a chemical contamination perspective. Unless you know the critter, or at the very least how the animal was cared for and what it was fed before it was slaughtered, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Now having said that: Wild boar, or javelina is absolutely what's for dinner.

DJ

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Ya, but processed pork is horrible for you, and one of the filthiest of all the meats from a chemical contamination perspective.
;) I don't eat raw pork from the pig. Not my thing.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ya, but processed pork is horrible for you, and one of the filthiest of all the meats from a chemical contamination perspective. Unless you know the critter, or at the very least how the animal was cared for and what it was fed before it was slaughtered, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Now having said that: Wild boar, or javelina is absolutely what's for dinner.

DJ
Javelina wrapped in bacon ... man, if that doesn't just beat out every other thing I ever thought to eat in my life ...

Been a while since I had bacon even though I was off reservation dietarily. < is that a word?

I renounce the pig pretty much hoof to snout. Pisses me off though that one of the tastiest critters ever is like fattening.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I recently had some tests done, and saw some improvement. I'd still like to lower my cholesterol and LDL and raise that HDL some more :)

Dec 2011
Cholesterol - 195
Triglyceride - 258
HDL - 37
LDL - 106

Jan 2013
Cholesterol - 170
Triglyceride - 139
HDL - 41
LDL -101

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
You want those numbers to come down? Pick up heavy stuff, and give that cholesterol purpose.

DJ

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Seems like beer reduces cholesterol. :p Hmmm, maybe I should get my levels tested, too. :D
Beer reduces stress and increases happiness. Plus it makes you more prone to laughter. Which also reduces stress and increase happiness.

Good Beer is also filling making you less likely to eat something bad. Beer also causes you to fall asleep more quickly leaving you knocked out so you avoid the midnight snack. Beer is almost as good for you as hot whiskey. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis