ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
This thread is supposed to be about me.

I decided I didn't like my skinny biker body so a tad over a month ago, I almost doubled my calories, cut my biking in half and got back in the gym. 15 lbs heavier when I weighed today. Eating every 2.5 hours which is fun but I can't find an Asian pair!!! (unless you count the couple next door but...yuck...)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I decided I didn't like my skinny biker body ...
What are you weighing in at now?

I've haven't been quite as strict about this diet as I could have been but I really miss being rail thin ... almost enough to exercise a bit. I may as well do some pushups, stretch out and go for a walk.

I'm glad I revisited this thread if only for the laughs. :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
What are you weighing in at now?

I've haven't been quite as strict about this diet as I could have been but I really miss being rail thin ... almost enough to exercise a bit. I may as well do some pushups, stretch out and go for a walk.

I'm glad I revisited this thread if only for the laughs. :)
206 before the bike craze.

181 during the crazy biking period

197 now.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
When I was a kid, I was pretty chunky. In part because of Hot Sam pretzels that I would get at the mall. Anyone else remember those? Oh, sweet mother, their pizza pretzels were awesome.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There's a new pretzel devil now ... Nathan's, like the hot dogs. They have one at South Station in Boston. I've only eaten there once and I'm not sure why it was only once. Probably because of the pretzel wrapped hot dogs. Oh, they're good but I just know not to eat hot dogs. I'm smart like that.

206 before the bike craze.

181 during the crazy biking period

197 now.
Got any pictures ... with your shirt off? :eek: :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I got back to work last week, had class all day Saturday and Mon. & Tue. evening so I haven't had the luxury of time to put together healthy meals ... plus I ate eight of those delicious cookies (a whole container) last night. Today feel like I got ran over by a truck and a few little aches and pains have heralded their return this morning. The puffy morning face has also returned.

So it only takes about a week to start feeling like sh!t from poor food choices.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I got back to work last week, had class all day Saturday and Mon. & Tue. evening so I haven't had the luxury of time to put together healthy meals ... plus I ate eight of those delicious cookies (a whole container) last night. Today feel like I got ran over by a truck and a few little aches and pains have heralded their return this morning. The puffy morning face has also returned.

So it only takes about a week to start feeling like sh!t from poor food choices.
I hear you it's hard to always eat properly, but the key is to keep your calorie count down and your fruits and veggies coming. When I eat 8 cookies it's because I didn't eat my fruit. Grapes, Apples, Oranges, Berries all take care of the cravings and make me feel better.

My pant size is dropping steadily I need a belt for 36s now. A few months ago I didn't even need a belt for 38s.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
251.2 lbs ... that's -31 lbs from the career high.

Work is now a factor. I can't wait to dip below 250. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... is it really that bad down there!?:eek:
Like the article said, the further south the fatter they are until you hit SE Fla. There it's different than the rest of the south. I don't even consider that 'the south'. It's something else.

I moved 4224 lbs at work today and came home a pound lighter. -32 lbs.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
We need an update on your weight.

We started a nutrition plan based around a book named "The feed zone" which is designed around nutritional needs of endurance athletes. We actually use a little less carbs and sodium than recommended but all in all we have liked it. The meals are simple and tasty and are mainly just whole, unprocessed foods with an Asian flare.

6 weeks in and I went from 206 lbs to 191 lbs.

My wife has lost around 7 lbs.

We have increased our cardio(80-100 miles/week road biking and some mountain biking) some but not a lot so I think the diet has been the biggest factor.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Greg, I'm still right around -32 lbs. I was down to -37 but I had a couple of weeks off work and since I got back to work I haven't really been following my diet. I sneak in healthy meals here and there but portion control has taken a bit of a hit and desserts are back on the menu. In a nut shell I'm around 250 lbs.

If I actually exercised ... I'd be better off for it. Somehow the time isn't there.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Greg, I'm still right around -32 lbs. I was down to -37 but I had a couple of weeks off work and since I got back to work I haven't really been following my diet. I sneak in healthy meals here and there but portion control has taken a bit of a hit and desserts are back on the menu. In a nut shell I'm around 250 lbs.

If I actually exercised ... I'd be better off for it. Somehow the time isn't there.
Try eating an Asian....:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis